Official Football Thread (NFL & NCAA) - Page 4

Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst ... 23456 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Football Thread (NFL & NCAA)

I tried to yesterday. No one was listening.

Quote Originally Posted by guyincognito View Post
    gotta get this thread moving, the one over there is just too douchy to tolerate. BG should be threadbanned from football threads, he's pretty bad at it.
    He should be banned from all threads, but I digress.

And I'm in no shape to get this thread moving after yesterday. This one's gonna stick with me for awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by Clarkson Falls Down View Post
    He should be banned from all threads, but I digress.

And I'm in no shape to get this thread moving after yesterday. This one's gonna stick with me for awhile.
    Yeah, that was the most stressful football game I've ever watched.

I'm still mad at Williams and Cundiff. I'm even more upset with those threatening to kill both guys.

I refuse to blame just Williams because he isn't the only one to blame, but man. Letting that punt hit you in the leg, up 14-10 with all the momentum and one TD away from realistically putting the game away?

And then the last one? Ugh.

I refuse to blame just Williams because he isn't the only one to blame, but man. Letting that punt hit you in the leg, up 14-10 with all the momentum and one TD away from realistically putting the game away?

It is hard to blame one player in football but man, he is doing his best to take 100% of the blame....yikes.
    Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son.

Smith''s throws were pathetic too. That one where he kind of threw it at the guys knees in particular being bad.

Being 0-11 on 3rd down situations was pitiful too.

Ted ginn wouldn't have done that!

Quote Originally Posted by Devilsfanatic View Post
    I'm still mad at Williams and Cundiff. I'm even more upset with those threatening to kill both guys.
    Starts at the top with both plays. The assholes with the threats? Yeah, pissed off losers taking a game too seriously. Pay them no mind.

Harbaugh...how's he not call timeout. Apparently there's been rumblings that the stadium scoreboard was wrong. It had 2nd down on 3rd down, and then of course 3rd down on 4th down, all after that fumble out of bounds that even the TV guys I think got wrong (though they maybe keyed in to the stadium clocks and not the field markers) So Cundiff went to get in "3rd down zone mode" and then just heard yelling 'FIELD GOAL FIELD GOAL' which is why he was dashing onto the field late. Whatever the reasoning, if you're a head coach and you see your kicker about to kick the tying FG in the fucking AFC Championship SPRINTING to make the play in time, call time out, it's not icing! It's giving him a breather.

The other Harbaugh...why the hell do you put a guy in with a bad shoulder out in OT to field a kick. A bad leg, hammy, concussion, fine. I don't even know if it was the one where he was stripped on, but still - it COULD be that one if he knows how to carry the ball properly, away from the defender or just towards the sideline. Even that aside, that 3 and out in the end of regulation that took what, 18seconds off the clock and handed the ball back to the Giants with a chance to win the game? Stupid. You know then right there, Giants were winning that game, the 9ers clearly had no idea how to handle that type of 2 minute drill, which in a tie playoff game, is NOT a classic two minute drill. You do not have to score right there, all you have to do is hold onto the ball. You have plenty of time. Eons actually, this drive right here told me they were rattled:

San Francisco 49ers at 01:47
    1-10-SF 29 (1:47) (Shotgun) 11-Alex Smith pass incomplete short right to 15-M.Crabtree.
    2-10-SF 29 (1:39) (Shotgun) 11-Alex Smith pass incomplete short right to 15-M.Crabtree.
    3-10-SF 29 (1:33) (Shotgun) 11-Alex Smith pass incomplete deep right to 46-D.Walker.
    4-10-SF 29 (1:29) 4-A.Lee punts 59 yards to NYG 12, Center-86-B.Jennings. 31-A.Ross to NYG 18 for 6 yards (51-B.Costanzo).

They had all 3 of their timeouts. On your own 30, you need 60 yards in 1:47, your RB has been dominating the game, and you try to WR screen type debacles that miss completely, then are forced to go deep.

I don't get it with NFL coaches these days, you have to understand that you need to get the first down FIRST, then worry about taking chunks of yardage out. If you don't get a first down or two, which you can with all 3 of your timeouts still, at least set up a last ditch effort to gain the yards needed to get in FG range, and call timeout with a few seconds left. That series right there just screamed inexperience and nerves, it was over right then and there.

Both those games were what happens all too often in the NFL playoffs - not who's clearly superior, but who just fucks up first. But that seems to be the measure of greatness in the NFL - not fucking up.

The leg one was beyond me. He felt that. You saw his reaction. He looked at the ball and immediately said, "**** it, fake it, maybe they'll buy it" Didn't work so well did it.

I'm still in awe at the Bradshaw call. That's a fumble. Any way you slice it. Guys drive for that extra inch all the time, and they play til they are down by being taken to the ground. Even when being dragged backwards, I've seen players, usually folks donning green from a city in Eastern PA , hold guys up like that to bring them down, then next thing you know - that same guy is dancing in the back of the end zone. It's a subjective call like an NHL ref with the "intent to blow the whistle", and that blows. When did this sissiness start? I seriously missed the memo on it.
    Last edited by Krinkle; 01-24-2012 at 22:08.

OH and GIC, I just saw your rant at me about Eli being MVP or something in HF...what was that in response to, something specific or just me being a Giant hating **** as I usually am?

Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst ... 23456 14 ... LastLast