GDT: Senators @ Devils 12/8/11 - Page 29

Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1927282930 LastLast

Thread: GDT: Senators @ Devils 12/8/11

i mean yea.. marty didnt let in a softy tonight and there were just general fuckups leading to those goals but AT THE SAME TIME we have only seen glimpses of what we like to call "vintage brodeur" this year. you know it to be true.. the other times hes been average at best. moose on the other hand...

sorry if im being incoherent right now

It pisses me off because Marty is way way better than hedberg. For some reason, the team plays better with Moose in goal though.

yea.. i think there in lies the problem.. must have to do with him being swedish

Tedenby's ketchup bottle analogy was hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by onefatsurfer View Post
    It pisses me off because Marty is way way better than hedberg. For some reason, the team plays better with Moose in goal though.
    This is pretty common. Teams know that they have the safety net in goal so they take more chances and make more mistakes. When a lesser goalie (Moose is amazing though) is in goal they play a tighter and more cautious game. It is all mental. If they can play with the same mindset with Marty in net there would be no problems. This is a problem that this team has had for years. I remember multiple years ago Marty would stand on his head every night and that is how we won games. Now he is a little older and he can't do it every night or for a full game, but the team in front of him continues to hang him out to dry. It is the negative side of being known as the greatest goalie to ever play.

Quote Originally Posted by Clarkson Falls Down View Post
    Tedenby's ketchup bottle analogy was hilarious.
    I loved when Chico said that during the game haha.

Was Teddy interviewed after the game? If so, is there video of it?

Quote Originally Posted by onefatsurfer View Post
    It's the Clemmensen model. They perform better because they don't think he can carry them. When they realize that the same holds true for MB30, then they'll be better off.

How was it in here when we were down 3-0? Like HF? What was it like when we came back and then OTT tied it with three seconds? Like HF?

yes that and having a steamy pile of poop as your defense doesnt help either

Quote Originally Posted by Devilsfanatic View Post
    It's the Clemmensen model. They perform better because they don't think he can carry them. When they realize that the same holds true for MB30, then they'll be better off.

How was it in here when we were down 3-0? Like HF? What was it like when we came back and then OTT tied it with three seconds? Like HF?
    We were upset, but we weren't going nuts. Truthfully there wasn't much posting going on because everyone was probably frustrated. Nothing past "****!" or "we look horrible". Everyone got along and we enjoyed the comeback. It was 100 times better than being on HF, where there is zero discussion because your post gets cut off by people saying nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Doom View Post
    We were upset, but we weren't going nuts. Truthfully there wasn't much posting going on because everyone was probably frustrated. Nothing past "****!" or "we look horrible". Everyone got along and we enjoyed the comeback. It was 100 times better than being on HF, where there is zero discussion because your post gets cut off by people Saugus nothing.
    *fixed.....

Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1927282930 LastLast