Scott Niedermayer Retirement Night Stars @ Devils 8PM GDT 16/12/11 - Page 12

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

Thread: Scott Niedermayer Retirement Night Stars @ Devils 8PM GDT 16/12/11

This board moves on to a 5-1 record if we win here.

Salvador will be around 26 minutes tonight, team high, around 10 min. more than Larsson. We see the overplay of him getting corrected.

Parise first, Kovy second and Salvador third. Perfect choices, I think.

Jim, I think you missed their best game of the season. But it was for an awesome reason, of course.
    Last edited by VaxjoDevil; 12-16-2011 at 20:18.

Yeah, Salvador was excellent tonight. He really stepped up in Tallinder's absence.

Well done.

They definitely play an interesting "style" of hockey. Best offensive game of the season. Defensive play was pretty much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by guyincognito View Post
    They definitely play an interesting "style" of hockey. Best offensive game of the season. Defensive play was pretty much the same.
    Chico's "prediction" that to win, this team has to score three or more is so far pretty accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by VaxjoDevil View Post
    Chico's "prediction" that to win, this team has to score three or more is so far pretty accurate.
    Yeah, it's nuts, I don't get why they can't keep any shape of defensive positioning. Combine that with the constant attempts to shoot themselves in the head, and they're going to have to score alot of goals to win games outright. They're starting to remind me of the early Boudreau Caps, which is good in one aspect but not very good in the other.

I mean, Sal had a good game in that he directly kept two pucks out of the net, but at the same time you add the big saves and the numerous times that Dallas just outright missed, it's kinda frightening.

My favorite was the second goal (I think), when four players had a ritual dance around one post, while the Dallas player scored being at the other post.

Quote Originally Posted by VaxjoDevil View Post
    My favorite was the second goal (I think), when four players had a ritual dance around one post, while the Dallas player scored being at the other post.
    Yeah, they just don't give up goals. You know where someone shoots and scores. They find innovative ways to give them up, I think even on the third they had two guys in front of the net and most of our guys were to the goalie's left of them. Yet on the PK, I mean the defenseman don't play spectacular on the PK, but the forwards do.... but you see some form and strategy to what they're doing.

You almost wonder if they would be better off playing Julienball or some kind of passive trap and just poaching. They have so many forwards capable of this. Or maybe their play down low would still be awful.... who knows

and that PK... they are now EVEN on the season 4 on 5. nuts. -1 overall.

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast