2012 NHL Draft Thread - Page 17

Page 17 of 27 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 NHL Draft Thread

aka Tedenby21

I don't really like Biggs either. It was all part of the con.
    Losers always whine about their best. Winners go home and **** the prom queen.
    SWARM IT UP

Yakupov is so nasty. Sucks he's going to a hockey black hole and we'll hardly hear from him.
    Losers always whine about their best. Winners go home and **** the prom queen.
    SWARM IT UP

Quote Originally Posted by Darius Dangleaitis View Post
    Yakupov is so nasty. Sucks he's going to a hockey black hole and we'll hardly hear from him.
    Idk man. I think Columbus ends up in the lottery again next season and they draft MacKinnon or Jones. Maybe they trade Nash for some sort of package. It sucks to say because they have some vets there, but they are in rebuild mode. First step is firing the GM.
    aka Tedenby21

Quote Originally Posted by Darius Dangleaitis View Post
    I don't like you.
    Follow my twitters and I'll follow your twitters and we can twitters together all the time!

He really reminds me both Kovy and Ovie.

Plus there is some semblance of defense in his play and he`s not afraid to take it to the net. Me likey.

Quote Originally Posted by Getzo5 View Post
    He really reminds me both Kovy and Ovie.

Plus there is some semblance of defense in his play and he`s not afraid to take it to the net. Me likey.
    He reminds me more of Hall than either of those guys. He isn't nearly as big as Kovy or OV.

The only thing that I've started to notice is that he likes to do that cut across the crease move, which is how he got hurt. He needs to be careful with **** like that in the NHL. As a #1 pick, people are going to be going for him. I really wouldn't be surprised if he wasn't rushed into the NHL, but that is always said of the #1 pick and they always end up playing.
    aka Tedenby21

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Doom View Post
    He reminds me more of Hall than either of those guys. He isn't nearly as big as Kovy or OV.

The only thing that I've started to notice is that he likes to do that cut across the crease move, which is how he got hurt. He needs to be careful with **** like that in the NHL. As a #1 pick, people are going to be going for him. I really wouldn't be surprised if he wasn't rushed into the NHL, but that is always said of the #1 pick and they always end up playing.
    He doesn`t have the size, but his play is almost identical. Hall is a different animal.

He got hurt because he did that while coming into the zone, that`s a big difference. Sure Volchie would lay him out in front (crease), but he wouldn`t get a concussion from that.

I agree in principle though, he absolutely has to be more aware, that`s really my only knock on his play. That said, he`s ready and should play right from the start. RNH absolutely wasn`t and look what happened. Sure he suffered a shoulder injury (who would`ve thought that right? ) but still.

EDIT: I also see a little bit of Forsberg in him.

Last edited by Getzo5; 04-07-2012 at 08:24.

I don't know how you don't see Hall's play when watching him. I think they are very similar. I see a little of OV when watching him.
    aka Tedenby21

Their skating is not nearly similar. Hall also takes the puck to the outside rather than makes a cut. He`s also not a puck carrier and doesn`t dipsy-doodle or fancy dancy much. His defense is subpar and his physicality is not one of his premier assets. Their shooting and passing skills are also different.

Page 17 of 27 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast