2012 NHL Draft Thread - Page 25

Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 LastLast

Thread: 2012 NHL Draft Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Doom View Post

From what I've heard, his skating is pretty bad.

I'm down with taking Stepan's brother. Can skate and golden hands? Sounds good to me.
    I think part of his skating issue is his conditioning. Improve that and he will naturally become a better skater, to a degree.

As for Zach Stepan I think he might go in the 3rd round. He plays a soft game so that will certainly deter teams away who think he's been sheltered playing high school hockey at Shattuck. I like the skill that I hear about, I've heard people say he's a better passer then Derek and to me that says a lot. I'm excited to see him at Ohio State next year so I can really get a good look at him.
    Follow my twitters and I'll follow your twitters and we can twitters together all the time!

I'd take Stepans brother just so that we have a chance at the greatest American born player of all time when he hits FA.

Edmonton - Yakupov
    Columbus - Grigorenko
    Montreal - Galchenyuk
    Islanders - Murray
    Toronto - Forsberg

You can quote me on this for the draft, unless a trade is made.
    Well, I expect a trade to be made. 4 forwards in the top 5? I dunno.

If Edmonton keeps #1 there is too much pressure to take Yakupov to not take him.

Columbus needs offense, especially if they trade Nash. Murray is probably the second best player in the draft, but Columbus will try to get a center so they have a 1-2 center punch for the future. Grigorenko over Galchenyuk, because of the small sample size of Galchenyuk this season and his injury.

Montreal is desperate to grab the only remaining elite center of the draft.

Islanders are happy that Murray falls into their lap, similar to us and Larsson. They continue to build upon a good young defense for the future.

Toronto takes the last elite forward of the draft. They already have a lot of defense for the future.

I think Edmonton should trade their pick and move down a couple of spots, but they won't. There won't be a big enough offer to move into #1 because while Yakupov is great, he isn't a generational talent.
    aka Tedenby21

Columbus will not take Grigorenko, not a chance in hell. Nor should they. They need to take Gally or a dman. At this point it's probably a dman, probably Murray which is whatever. I don't think he is the best in the draft but most do. Then with the kings pick they will take a forward.

Don't forget they took Boone Jenner and TJ Tynan last year who are both centers, although Tynan will likely be a winger based on what I've seen at Notre Dame. So they have some depth at center. Not to mention the team still has confidence in Brassard. They are weak on the wings however and certainly need to address that at some point in the draft.
    Follow my twitters and I'll follow your twitters and we can twitters together all the time!

If Edmonton keeps #1 there is too much pressure to take Yakupov to not take him.

Columbus needs offense, especially if they trade Nash. Murray is probably the second best player in the draft, but Columbus will try to get a center so they have a 1-2 center punch for the future. Grigorenko over Galchenyuk, because of the small sample size of Galchenyuk this season and his injury.

Montreal is desperate to grab the only remaining elite center of the draft.

Islanders are happy that Murray falls into their lap, similar to us and Larsson. They continue to build upon a good young defense for the future.

Toronto takes the last elite forward of the draft. They already have a lot of defense for the future.

I think Edmonton should trade their pick and move down a couple of spots, but they won't. There won't be a big enough offer to move into #1 because while Yakupov is great, he isn't a generational talent.
    I don`t buy any of that, sorry.

Agreed with devilsrule.

Columbus seems to have a decent bunch of top 4 dmen though. Enough at least that they don't have to really worry about drafting a future star. Who knows though what their organization looks like if they happen to trade Rick Nash away. If they get a bunch of quality forwards, they might go defence. If they trade him for a dman, they'll definitely need some forwards.

Columbus is a wild card in my opinion.

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...&postcount=932

Interesting. I know some people (via my friend) in the CSKA organization. I`ll ask them for more info.
    Last edited by Getzo5; 04-14-2012 at 17:14.

Is he the guy who got banned here after four posts or was that someone else?

Yes and no. Ask DF, he should tell you the whole story.

Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 LastLast