2012 NHL Draft Thread - Page 4

Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst ... 23456 14 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 NHL Draft Thread

Pretty cool, I missed your previous post. Too bad this isn't in iTunes so I could just add it to my podcast download list.
    Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son.

McKenzie's Midseason Rankings: http://www.tsn.ca/draftcentre/feature/?id=58415
    aka Tedenby21

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Doom View Post
    There really aren't very many 1st line forwards/1st pairing defensemen on that list.

I noticed that too. I'd forfeit the pick this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Devilsfanatic View Post
    I noticed that too. I'd forfeit the pick this year.
    Yeah. Gotta go for it this year.

I disagree, but to each his own.
    aka Tedenby21

And we have two second rounders, two third rounders and a fourth. So I'd say go for it this year. I wish I could know if Galchenyuk was going to really drop or not before I make that choice.

It really depends on where we finish. Also, how do you know that next years class won't be even weaker? I like the idea of putting it off until the last year. Stock up on as many prospects as you can before having to give up that pick so that the farm isn't hurting so much.
    aka Tedenby21

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Doom View Post
    It really depends on where we finish. Also, how do you know that next years class won't be even weaker? I like the idea of putting it off until the last year. Stock up on as many prospects as you can before having to give up that pick so that the farm isn't hurting so much.
    That logic is always going to work. For me it comes down to going to Conte at the end of the year and asking him if there's anyone he really, really likes who he thinks is going to be available. If yes, keep it. If no, lose it. That simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Classic Devil View Post
    That logic is always going to work. For me it comes down to going to Conte at the end of the year and asking him if there's anyone he really, really likes who he thinks is going to be available. If yes, keep it. If no, lose it. That simple.
    The thing is, there are guys that should be available that I really like and I'm sure they Devils will too. They won't last until our picks in the 2nd round, so I doubt we would be willing to watch all of the guys we want get scooped up and be stuck with the leftovers. Hell, I think we try to move up in the 1st round and go after someone we really want.

Remember when everyone was saying the 2011 draft was so weak and then all of the sudden they were talking about how it was a strong draft. I don't buy into all of that crap.
    aka Tedenby21

Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst ... 23456 14 ... LastLast