2012 NHL Draft Thread - Page 5

Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst ... 34567 15 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 NHL Draft Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Doom View Post
    The thing is, there are guys that should be available that I really like and I'm sure they Devils will too. They won't last until our picks in the 2nd round, so I doubt we would be willing to watch all of the guys we want get scooped up and be stuck with the leftovers. Hell, I think we try to move up in the 1st round and go after someone we really want.

Remember when everyone was saying the 2011 draft was so weak and then all of the sudden they were talking about how it was a strong draft. I don't buy into all of that crap.
    There have been years where Conte basically liked no one. The Corrente draft was one.

Quote Originally Posted by Classic Devil View Post
    There have been years where Conte basically liked no one. The Corrente draft was one.
    How long can we wait until giving up the pick. Can we wait up until the pick? So if someone we wanted is gone we can walk up and say we aren't picking?

Quote Originally Posted by Classic Devil View Post
    There are a couple of guys that scream two way top 6 forward that the Devils would like. Also, there are great defensemen that would possibly be available. After I finish my hw I'll get all of their names and try to see if I can find pipeline interviews with them. Like I was saying earlier, those interviews are great for players you don't know much about.
    aka Tedenby21

Quote Originally Posted by jkrdevil View Post
    How long can we wait until giving up the pick. Can we wait up until the pick? So if someone we wanted is gone we can walk up and say we aren't picking?
    We have to do it by the end of the playoffs.
    aka Tedenby21

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Doom View Post
    We have to do it by the end of the playoffs.
    I believe we have twenty-four hours from the end of the SCFs.

With two seconds, if you really like someone, you can move up to the first, and really, it's like you're forfeiting your second round pick instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Devilsfanatic View Post
    With two seconds, if you really like someone, you can move up to the first, and really, it's like you're forfeiting your second round pick instead.
    except the fact that you are getting a more talented player...
    aka Tedenby21

Exactly, it seems like Lou has built the draft picks in this year to forfeit this time around. But who really knows.

I think in the end forfeiting this year would be a huge mistake.
    aka Tedenby21

Any year sucks, but this year I feel is the year to do it. McKenzie is underwhelmed by it.

Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst ... 34567 15 ... LastLast