GDT:12/12/11 New Jersey Devils VS. Tampa Bay Lightning 7pm VS. TSN2 - Page 41

Page 41 of 41 FirstFirst ... 31394041

Thread: GDT:12/12/11 New Jersey Devils VS. Tampa Bay Lightning 7pm VS. TSN2

Quote Originally Posted by JimEIV View Post
    Oh and for the first time in nearly a decade the devils have the potential to ice 2 real centers at the same time this season ...you can't help but get a little excited.
    Imagine if Josefson is able to make it back before the playoffs?

I had a good feeling about Henrique. I didn't think he would light it up like this but he got it done at every level he played at, you had to think he would eventually adjust to the speed of the nhl.
    aka Tedenby21

I love Josefson. But these back to back injuries during this development time is terrible. I really hope he can overcome this because he has a Zajac-like poise and awareness that is not too common.

I don't think it will ruin his potential, it just takes a year off his development. With Henrique stepping up this allows Josefson to not be thrown into the top 6. Worst case scenario is Josefson ends up being a 3rd line center and his game is already developed enough for that. I'm also curious because Elias said that he would prefer to be playing center now, so what happens when we have Zajac-Henrique-Elias-Josefson as our centers? Do we switch one to wing or do we just role 4 quality lines?
    aka Tedenby21

Josefson reminds me of Elias. I hope he can become half the player that Patty is/was

Sorry wrong thread.
    Last edited by JimEIV; 12-13-2011 at 10:48.

Quote Originally Posted by Devils All The Way View Post
    The funny thing is that Salvador is getting more minutes then Volchenkov. So I guess the coaching staff doesn't see what the majority of this board (or the other board for that matter) sees in Volchenkov. Getting 17:07 minutes per game is what a #6 d-men should get, especially when 2 or 3 of those 17 minutes are played on the PK.

I never saw a "stud" blueliner get the least amount of icetime out of 6 man unit.
    And you don't think that has anything to do with our recent rash of injuries on the defense?

Sal is now playing in the top 4 because of the injuries, and I'm sure that the 50 seconds or whatever Volch played in the last game against Florida skewes those numbers as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Clarkson Falls Down View Post
    And you don't think that has anything to do with our recent rash of injuries on the defense?

Sal is now playing in the top 4 because of the injuries, and I'm sure that the 50 seconds or whatever Volch played in the last game against Florida skewes those numbers as well.
    Those #'s were identical when both of them were playing together on the same pairing. All I'm trying to say is that if Volchenkov can't surpass Bryce Salvador in icetime when both players are healthy, something's wrong.

why not? bryce was a solid *** d man back in the day and has been playing pretty damn good if you ask me. I mean yea you want volchenkov to obviously get more time than him but if salvys earning it im all for it. i don't think hes as big as a liability as you would think.

Page 41 of 41 FirstFirst ... 31394041