GDT:12/12/11 New Jersey Devils VS. Tampa Bay Lightning 7pm VS. TSN2 - Page 40

Page 40 of 41 FirstFirst ... 3038394041 LastLast

Thread: GDT:12/12/11 New Jersey Devils VS. Tampa Bay Lightning 7pm VS. TSN2

I just don't fathom how you can really want Salvador playing over Volchenkov

his contract isnt the greatest but its not like its hampering the team right now.

The conversation ends when you say you'd rather have Sal over Volchenkov. That's nuts. Volchenkov is much better than Sal. Sal's pretty much a #6 at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Devils All The Way View Post
    You do realise that teams will eventually start scoring on our PP. We weren't going to ride that wave threw 82 games. If all he's worth is top minutes on the PK, he has to be our worst contract out of our entire roster. We had White last year who gave us the same type of "production" and he was waived. Now, we have the same type of player that's earning 1.25M$ more then what White was making.

Prediction: He'll get moved before the end of his term... if Lou can actually find a taker for his services.
    welcome! i'd rather have volchenkov than salvador, no questions asked. volch is a monster and exactly the type of d-man we'll need during a nasty playoff series. sure, he shouldn't be a top pairing d-man, but he is exactly what this team was missing vs. the canes.

Quote Originally Posted by Zajac's Bowl Cut View Post
    I just don't fathom how you can really want Salvador playing over Volchenkov

his contract isnt the greatest but its not like its hampering the team right now.
    To me, both players are very similar. They suck in the offensive zone, they suck in the neutral zone and are both relied upon to play positional defense in their own zone. With Salvador, we could resign him next summer for half of what he's making atm but with A-Train, we are stuck with a 4.25M$ cap hit for the next 4 and a half years !!!

Like I've said before, when your highest paid d-men doesn't see more icetime then a 19 year old rookie, a guy that missed a entire season with a brain injury, a 24 year old sophmore, Tallinder and Greene... something's wrong, no?

Quote Originally Posted by Clarkson Falls Down View Post
    The conversation ends when you say you'd rather have Sal over Volchenkov. That's nuts. Volchenkov is much better than Sal. Sal's pretty much a #6 at this point.
    The funny thing is that Salvador is getting more minutes then Volchenkov. So I guess the coaching staff doesn't see what the majority of this board (or the other board for that matter) sees in Volchenkov. Getting 17:07 minutes per game is what a #6 d-men should get, especially when 2 or 3 of those 17 minutes are played on the PK.

I never saw a "stud" blueliner get the least amount of icetime out of 6 man unit.

I'd take Volch over Salvador 100 times out of 100, even with their contracts. Volch is better at every aspect of the game and is a force on the PK. Like was previously stated his true value will be in the playoffs.
    aka Tedenby21

So we are now 3-1 in GDT?

Quote Originally Posted by Getzo5 View Post
    I astonished by Henrique. The kid has played 27 NHL games total and has 23 points and has gained the trust of the coaching staff and his linemates in no time. I don't anyone even in the devils organization expected anything like this.

Oh and for the first time in nearly a decade the devils have the potential to ice 2 real centers at the same time this season ...you can't help but get a little excited.

Page 40 of 41 FirstFirst ... 3038394041 LastLast