GDT: New York Rangers @ New Jersey Devils - 12/20/11 7pm ET MSG/MSG+ - Page 27

Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1725262728 LastLast

Thread: GDT: New York Rangers @ New Jersey Devils - 12/20/11 7pm ET MSG/MSG+

DF enjoy your time over there, best of luck.

As for the game, I feel it was 2-1 kind of game rather than what the box score showed.

Ugh, 4 hours late into Zurich. 4-1, oh well. Reading from the comments it seems like LQ is getting, again, his top games against us.

It still stands...score more than 3 and they win, less they lose.

Lots of hot women in the airport to forget about the game. Not watching the third helps too, heh.

Quote Originally Posted by VaxjoDevil View Post
    Ugh, 4 hours late into Zurich. 4-1, oh well. Reading from the comments it seems like LQ is getting, again, his top games against us.

It still stands...score more than 3 and they win, less they lose.

Lots of hot women in the airport to forget about the game. Not watching the third helps too, heh.
    He played well without a doubt but the chances were still there. Devils just couldn't finish. Game was very winnable.
    Follow my twitters and I'll follow your twitters and we can twitters together all the time!

Quote Originally Posted by devilzrule27 View Post
    He played well without a doubt but the chances were still there. Devils just couldn't finish. Game was very winnable.
    That is nice to hear. Also, the calm temperaments here are really nice to read through in the GDT.

Quote Originally Posted by jkrdevil View Post
    It is almost Christmas and they are sitting in 6th position (granted only 2 points up 8th, but still). Who would not have taken that back in September knowing Zajac would only play in 3 of those games?
    Honestly, they should be doing better. I made a post over on HF a month or so ago that this is by far the Devils easiest stretch of the season and that they need to win these games if they want to be in contention at the end of the season. It's going to be a harder second half of the season.

I'll see if I can find that post.
    edit: http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?p...1#post39604801

can't edit the post to copy / paste here.

edit2: in my post, the guestimate for the period from Nov 19 (Tampa) to December 23 was 13-2-2 (yes, unreasonable) whereas the Devils have gone 9-7-0, which is 10 less points with one game remaining. if the devils stayed on pace with the rest of my season guesstimation, they'd have 93 points at the end of the season, which is really tight for a playoff spot.
    Last edited by Big#D; 12-21-2011 at 11:29.

Quote Originally Posted by Big#D View Post
    Honestly, they should be doing better. I made a post over on HF a month or so ago that this is by far the Devils easiest stretch of the season and that they need to win these games if they want to be in contention at the end of the season. It's going to be a harder second half of the season.

I'll see if I can find that post.
    edit: http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?p...1#post39604801

can't edit the post to copy / paste here.

edit2: in my post, the guestimate for the period from Nov 19 (Tampa) to December 23 was 13-2-2 (yes, unreasonable) whereas the Devils have gone 9-7-0, which is 10 less points with one game remaining. if the devils stayed on pace with the rest of my season guesstimation, they'd have 93 points at the end of the season, which is really tight for a playoff spot.
    Very interesting post. I missed that on HF. I never saw anyone try to predict game by game with so much of the season to go. It will be interesting to see how it plays out. I would be thrilled if the Devils finished with 90+ points at this juncture.
    Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son.

The thing is though is that we also just finished a stretch with a bunch of games on the road. We really haven't been home for an extended period in awhile.

In sixth place one point closer to twelfth than fouth and fifth.

Not complaining or being negative, just saying there's not much wiggle room on the bubble.

Every point is already so important. It't going to be an intense season that way.

Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1725262728 LastLast