GDT: New York Rangers @ New Jersey Devils - 12/20/11 7pm ET MSG/MSG+ - Page 28

Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18262728

Thread: GDT: New York Rangers @ New Jersey Devils - 12/20/11 7pm ET MSG/MSG+

Quote Originally Posted by Tao Jones View Post
    In sixth place one point closer to twelfth than fouth and fifth.

Not complaining or being negative, just saying there's not much wiggle room on the bubble.
    It's going to be tight all year without a doubt. But I don't see every team on the bubble being in it the whole way. I don't see it being this tight towards the end of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by vonbonds View Post
    Very interesting post. I missed that on HF. I never saw anyone try to predict game by game with so much of the season to go. It will be interesting to see how it plays out. I would be thrilled if the Devils finished with 90+ points at this juncture.
    I just wanted to really see where the games were going to be tough vs the easy schedule. I could have just as easily made an average W% for each month based on the standings the day I posted it. I just went with W/L/T because it's easier to base on how the Devils play teams during the season. It was by no means an attempt to figure out what the Devils would actually do during the season ... more of a barometer.

I said at the beginning of the season that I think the Devils are a team that could finish anywhere between 2nd and 12th, depending on the health of the team and how players gel together. I think they'll most likely finish in the 7-10 range and be on the cusp most of the season. But if they don't pick up their play soon, they are going to find their record going south as they go through a really tough schedule in the first couple months of the new year.

Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18262728