Top 5 Devils Offensive Prospects

Thread: Top 5 Devils Offensive Prospects

Hybrid View

Co-Creator & Webmaster Aaron Brouwer's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Top 5 Devils Offensive Prospects

Who do you guys think are the Devils top 5 offensive prospects and why?

Henrique, Josefson, Boucher, Palmieri, Tedenby

Honorable Mention: Adam Larsson

Henrique - He has exceeded expectations in every single way this season. His offensive game is way ahead of what everyone thought and he plays a game very similar to Parise. His defensive zone coverage could use a little work, but it is starting to look like he is guaranteed top 6 potential. He can play the PP and PK also.

Josefson - With Henrique's emergence Josefson could end up at a 3rd line center or could end up switching to wing. He is still searching for his scoring touch but he has great playmaking ability. His defensive game is extremely mature and at times he reminds me of Elias.

Tedenby - He has been having trouble this season putting up points, but it isn't from a lack of chances. He creates a lot of scoring chances from his speed, stickhandling, and puck possession. He is very fast and some of the things he can do with the puck is amazing. He really needs to improve his defensive game in order to get more minutes but it looks like he has been making progress this season. His biggest weakness is his size, but in time he should be able to gain a little more strength. He is able to draw a lot of penalties and if the Devils could take advantage of the PP's they would be a better team.

Palmieri - I can't really get a great read on him. There are times he looks good and times he looks like crap. He should play like a powerforward but doesn't really. With his size I would like to see him drive the net more and hit more. I think he tops out on the 3rd line but others have a different view on him than me.

Boucher - From the little amount I've seen of him he has a great shot and an eye for the net. His game needs to improve defensively but he has a lot of time since he was just drafted last summer.
    aka Tedenby21

I think Adam Larsson is a better offensive prospect than a couple of the forwards listed but I wasn't sure if the OP was just looking for forwards or not.

Yeah, I think that everyone will have the same 5 people in the top 5, perhaps in a different order. We can really use to buff up our RW depth in the near future.

If you saw Zharkovs stats over the past couple games I think it's quite obvious that he's #1

Honestly they are kind of lacking in that area. I more or less agree with Jim.
    "Because ten billion years time is so fragile, so ephemeral; it arouses a bittersweet, almost heartbreaking fondness"