Jonathan Merrill

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jonathan Merrill

Hybrid View

Co-Creator & Webmaster Aaron Brouwer's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Jonathan Merrill

What is his upside?

Difficult to tell at this point. Last year I watched about a half dozen regular season games of his plus NCAA tournament play.

Last year it was looking very much like he was a budding two way defender with a top pairing potential, a good #2 defenseman. But the loss of this development time and his off ice issues have left things rather hazy in a lot of peoples mind.

I'm personally still high on him, I think he has all the tools to be a solid twoway guy in the vein of a Jordan Leopold

Merrill is back in Michigan's lineup tonight according to his teammate Chris Brown via twitter! Woooohoooo!
    Follow my twitters and I'll follow your twitters and we can twitters together all the time!

Great news. Good for him sticking it out.

go big Jon

While I am glad he stuck it out for character building reasons this season if he is really a high end prospect he needs to play in a league that plays a lot more games than in the NCAA next season at this point in his career. Just my opinion.
    Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son.

notched two assists last night in his first game back! woot woot
    Follow my twitters and I'll follow your twitters and we can twitters together all the time!

Very good read on Merrill. Looking forward to seeing him in New Jersey.

http://slapshot.blogs.nytimes.com/20...-a-defenseman/
    I came in peace.

I think Merrill should at least finish one more year of school. I would personally like to see him finish college and then turn pro. There is already a logjam at defense and adding Merrill would really intensify things.
    aka Tedenby21

I would understand either way if Merrill bolts or stays in school one year. If he stays next year, he probably wants a full year with the program. If he bolts he probably feels that he wants this stuff behind him and is good enough to turn pro.

I support him either way.
    I came in peace.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast