GDT: New Jersey Devils @ Ottawa Senators, 2 Janvier, 19.30 - Page 23

Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223
Results 221 to 229 of 229

Thread: GDT: New Jersey Devils @ Ottawa Senators, 2 Janvier, 19.30

                  
   
   
   
  1. #221
    The TG blog entry on DeBoer getting pissed at Q. about the SH goals is a bit funny.

  2. #222

  3. #223
    I know this game has the character of a "breaking down in third", but unlike the Wash. game where they played awesome for two and then fell apart, this was just a game where the mistakes led to goal against in the third. They could easily have been scored on a bunch of times in the first and second. Marty came up big a few times, and they were lucky a few times. They did not really play worse in the third than in the two first.

  4. #224
    Quote Originally Posted by JimEIV View Post
    4.25 for 6 years with a NTC for a stay at home defenseman is ludicrous.

    Last year the Bruins signed UFA Seidenberg for 3.25 for 4 years

    Which would you rather?
    This is exactly how I feel. I am not a fan at all...
    Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son.

  5. #225
    again, the cap hit is not an issue. its not like hes making $7 million or something

    I think hes making too much too but its not that big of a deal to me, especially right now

  6. #226
    Quote Originally Posted by Zajac's Bowl Cut View Post
    again, the cap hit is not an issue. its not like hes making $7 million or something

    I think hes making too much too but its not that big of a deal to me, especially right now
    While I agree his salary isn't an albatross like Rolston's was he simply doesn't merit it. I honestly don't think a stay at home defensman role will exist in a few years the way we are used to seeing them (think Salvador or White). A player like Fayne or Tallinder (basically a lesser type two way defensman) will be the model going forward. Maybe I am way off base but grenade puck handling/off the glass passing defensemen don't seem to have a place in the game as it is currently played.
    Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son.

  7. #227
    its too early to say he doesn't merit it. its not even 1/4 of the way into his contract yet

    I think we will see the true value of Volch whenever we play a playoff series

  8. #228
    Quote Originally Posted by Zajac's Bowl Cut View Post
    its too early to say he doesn't merit it. its not even 1/4 of the way into his contract yet

    I think we will see the true value of Volch whenever we play a playoff series
    I guess my feelings cloud my view of him...you are right, he isn't 1/4 of the way into his contract. I just want to see a lot more out of him.
    Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son.

  9. #229
    Quote Originally Posted by vonbonds View Post
    While I agree his salary isn't an albatross like Rolston's was he simply doesn't merit it. I honestly don't think a stay at home defensman role will exist in a few years the way we are used to seeing them (think Salvador or White). A player like Fayne or Tallinder (basically a lesser type two way defensman) will be the model going forward. Maybe I am way off base but grenade puck handling/off the glass passing defensemen don't seem to have a place in the game as it is currently played.
    I think you are right.

Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223

Similar Threads

  1. GDT: New Jersey Devils vs. Ottawa Senators - 3 PM (4/7)
    By Dr. Doom in forum New Jersey Devils
    Replies: 156
    Last Post: 04-07-2012, 18:53
  2. GDT: New Jersey Devils @ Ottawa Senators - 7:30 PM (3/20)
    By Dr. Doom in forum New Jersey Devils
    Replies: 298
    Last Post: 03-22-2012, 10:26
  3. GDT: New Jersey Devils vs. Pittsburgh Penguins 3 PM (12/31)
    By Dr. Doom in forum New Jersey Devils
    Replies: 169
    Last Post: 01-01-2012, 09:33
  4. GDT: New Jersey Devils @ Carolina Hurricanes - 7 PM (12/26)
    By Dr. Doom in forum New Jersey Devils
    Replies: 132
    Last Post: 12-26-2011, 22:02
  5. GDT: Senators @ Devils 12/8/11
    By Zajac's Bowl Cut in forum New Jersey Devils
    Replies: 299
    Last Post: 12-09-2011, 07:34

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •