GDT: New Jersey Devils @ Ottawa Senators, 2 Janvier, 19.30 - Page 23

Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223

Thread: GDT: New Jersey Devils @ Ottawa Senators, 2 Janvier, 19.30

The TG blog entry on DeBoer getting pissed at Q. about the SH goals is a bit funny.

I know this game has the character of a "breaking down in third", but unlike the Wash. game where they played awesome for two and then fell apart, this was just a game where the mistakes led to goal against in the third. They could easily have been scored on a bunch of times in the first and second. Marty came up big a few times, and they were lucky a few times. They did not really play worse in the third than in the two first.

Quote Originally Posted by JimEIV View Post
    4.25 for 6 years with a NTC for a stay at home defenseman is ludicrous.

Last year the Bruins signed UFA Seidenberg for 3.25 for 4 years

Which would you rather?
    This is exactly how I feel. I am not a fan at all...
    Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son.

again, the cap hit is not an issue. its not like hes making $7 million or something

I think hes making too much too but its not that big of a deal to me, especially right now

Quote Originally Posted by Zajac's Bowl Cut View Post
    again, the cap hit is not an issue. its not like hes making $7 million or something

I think hes making too much too but its not that big of a deal to me, especially right now
    While I agree his salary isn't an albatross like Rolston's was he simply doesn't merit it. I honestly don't think a stay at home defensman role will exist in a few years the way we are used to seeing them (think Salvador or White). A player like Fayne or Tallinder (basically a lesser type two way defensman) will be the model going forward. Maybe I am way off base but grenade puck handling/off the glass passing defensemen don't seem to have a place in the game as it is currently played.

its too early to say he doesn't merit it. its not even 1/4 of the way into his contract yet

I think we will see the true value of Volch whenever we play a playoff series

Quote Originally Posted by Zajac's Bowl Cut View Post
    its too early to say he doesn't merit it. its not even 1/4 of the way into his contract yet

I think we will see the true value of Volch whenever we play a playoff series
    I guess my feelings cloud my view of him...you are right, he isn't 1/4 of the way into his contract. I just want to see a lot more out of him.

Quote Originally Posted by vonbonds View Post
    While I agree his salary isn't an albatross like Rolston's was he simply doesn't merit it. I honestly don't think a stay at home defensman role will exist in a few years the way we are used to seeing them (think Salvador or White). A player like Fayne or Tallinder (basically a lesser type two way defensman) will be the model going forward. Maybe I am way off base but grenade puck handling/off the glass passing defensemen don't seem to have a place in the game as it is currently played.
    I think you are right.

Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223