This article is pretty unnerving...
http://www.nj.com/devils/index.ssf/2...ney_matte.html

“For me that’s probably the biggest thing,” Parise said. “The money is definitely important. That’s real life, let’s face it. I’m not going to say it’s not. That’s realistic. But most important for me is being competitive and having a chance to win the Stanley Cup.”

“I think in my situation you have to look down the road,” Parise said. “What’s happened, the lack of us doing well in the playoffs the last few years, is irrelevant. I have to look past that and look at how are we building for the future?
“We made some mistakes before. We lost some series we should’ve won. But what do you do now? It’s about how we’re going to do in the next few years.”

Parise’s father, J.P., was recently quoted in The Wall Street Journal saying: “If you go back to the first part of the year, he would have gotten out of there in a minute.”
Not so, Zach said.
“There is no way he meant this year. He had to have meant last year,” the 27-year-old Minnesota native said. “I talk to him all the time. He knows how much fun I’m having and how much I like Pete (DeBoer) as a coach.”
J.P. was also quoted as saying: “He's overly loyal, and he's not going to rush into anything. He's always loved the New Jersey Devils. He's been extremely loyal to the organization, to his teammates. But this is business now.”
Zach smiled.
“That,” he said, “is true.”

What do you guys think? Is he going to stay or go?

Personally, I think the pieces are coming together for us to do well. We haven't seen this team with a full lineup, and I personally think that if we had a full, healthy lineup and a trade deadline acquisition of a decent defenseman and/or RW, we're right there. Hopefully, Zach sees things the same way that I do.