Zach Parise - Will he stay or will he go?

Page 1 of 16 123 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Zach Parise - Will he stay or will he go?

Zach Parise - Will he stay or will he go?

This article is pretty unnerving...
    http://www.nj.com/devils/index.ssf/2...ney_matte.html

“For me that’s probably the biggest thing,” Parise said. “The money is definitely important. That’s real life, let’s face it. I’m not going to say it’s not. That’s realistic. But most important for me is being competitive and having a chance to win the Stanley Cup.”

“I think in my situation you have to look down the road,” Parise said. “What’s happened, the lack of us doing well in the playoffs the last few years, is irrelevant. I have to look past that and look at how are we building for the future?
    “We made some mistakes before. We lost some series we should’ve won. But what do you do now? It’s about how we’re going to do in the next few years.”

Parise’s father, J.P., was recently quoted in The Wall Street Journal saying: “If you go back to the first part of the year, he would have gotten out of there in a minute.”
    Not so, Zach said.
    “There is no way he meant this year. He had to have meant last year,” the 27-year-old Minnesota native said. “I talk to him all the time. He knows how much fun I’m having and how much I like Pete (DeBoer) as a coach.”
    J.P. was also quoted as saying: “He's overly loyal, and he's not going to rush into anything. He's always loved the New Jersey Devils. He's been extremely loyal to the organization, to his teammates. But this is business now.”
    Zach smiled.
    “That,” he said, “is true.”

What do you guys think? Is he going to stay or go?

Personally, I think the pieces are coming together for us to do well. We haven't seen this team with a full lineup, and I personally think that if we had a full, healthy lineup and a trade deadline acquisition of a decent defenseman and/or RW, we're right there. Hopefully, Zach sees things the same way that I do.

for some reason I just have a bad feeling about it. if he leaves, I will be crushed, but I can't say I will be surprised.

I personally think that if we don't have our ownership situation settled by this summer, that he is a goner

I also think that if he makes it to July 1, he is a goner

Quote Originally Posted by Zajac's Bowl Cut View Post
    for some reason I just have a bad feeling about it. if he leaves, I will be crushed, but I can't say I will be surprised.

I personally think that if we don't have our ownership situation settled by this summer, that he is a goner

I also think that if he makes it to July 1, he is a goner
    Unfortunately, I agree with you
    I think he's a goner.

If he goes, he goes. The team seems to be having fun and he is the leader. They are on the right track, and if he sees Ranger dollars, I can't help but feel a bit of a disregard for him after that.

I can't see him going to the Rangers realistically

also, if he DOES leave, we better use that money to go get a stud DMan somehow

I also believe that the Langenbrunner situation last season was a huge negative.

I don't know what I will do if Zach leaves
    aka Tedenby21

I expect him to either sign during the All Star break or leave via free agency. On 2/1, I will be sad if he's not signed.

I too am fearful Zach will leave but nothing I can do about it so I don't care. If he does go that clears up cap space to address the defense or right wing scoring or who knows, maybe a top tier center (just spitballing here). Of course I hope he stays but only time will tell.
    Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son.

Well this is what I believe: there's no way that Lou is discussing extension with him during the season (it's an awful philosophy but whatever). So that means he's going to July 1.

So instead of competing only against themselves, the Devils are going to be competing with other teams. And who knows about the ownership situation.

So I'm not optimistic.

Page 1 of 16 123 11 ... LastLast