Zach Parise - Will he stay or will he go? - Page 12

Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Zach Parise - Will he stay or will he go?

I might be in the minority but I would rather have Kovy than Zach long term if I could only have one. Zach is a beast and better all around player but I wonder how well his body will hold up with his playing style over time.
    Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son.

I have to say, it's a good thing we have 1 superstar winger locked up on a lifetime contract.. Really dampens the blow

Quote Originally Posted by Wingman77 View Post
    Our foward situation looks like this heading into July 1 (not those particular lines, just what we'll have to fill in)

Kovy/Zajac/Clarkson
    Zubrus/Elias/?
    ?/Henrique/?
    Boulton/Josefson/?

In the next 1-2 seasons, Elias and Zubrus both have expiring contracts heading into their late 30's
    That's really not that bad when you consider the emergence of Henrique, hopefully tedenbys progression, and free agency...

Quote Originally Posted by onefatsurfer View Post
    That's really not that bad when you consider the emergence of Henrique, hopefully tedenbys progression, and free agency...
    adding a high quality d-man would lessen the blow too
    aka Tedenby21

Quote Originally Posted by onefatsurfer View Post
    Tedenby and Josefson are the elements that worry me. We need them to progress very badly, and I haven't seen much lately to suggest that they are.

I'm not worried about either of them yet

Tedenby is small and he needs to learn to play in the NHL with his size. to be quite honest he has shown the effort in improving defensively to me, but he just isn't very good at it yet. Josefson has had to deal with 2 pretty significant injuries. I think if he gets a full offseason/season consecutively of being healthy he will be good.

Quote Originally Posted by Classic Devil View Post
    Tedenby and Josefson are the elements that worry me. We need them to progress very badly, and I haven't seen much lately to suggest that they are.
    Yeah those two have to start showing why they were first round picks, and soon.
    I came in peace.

Quote Originally Posted by Clarkson Falls Down View Post
    Yeah those two have to start showing why they were first round picks, and soon.
    They are 21 and 20 respectively...
    aka Tedenby21

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Doom View Post
    They are 21 and 20 respectively...
    And they need to show why they are first round picks. I know their ages.
    I came in peace.

Quote Originally Posted by Clarkson Falls Down View Post
    And they need to show why they are first round picks. I know their ages.
    I think they have already shown why they were first round picks by the games they have played in the NHL. It isn't normal for them to have played like they have at their age. The scoring will come. They don't look like they don't belong and that is what is important.
    aka Tedenby21

Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast