Zach Parise - Will he stay or will he go? - Page 13

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Zach Parise - Will he stay or will he go?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Doom View Post
    I think they have already shown why they were first round picks by the games they have played in the NHL. It isn't normal for them to have played like they have at their age. The scoring will come. They don't look like they don't belong and that is what is important.
    What I'm saying is that I don't expect them to be finished products, but if Zach leaves they need to step up.
    I came in peace.

They won't be able to replace Zach, but hopefully the added year of experience for each of them and Henrique (and Palmieri and Larsson, etc) will make up for his departure and the aging of our vets.. The goal isn't to plug someone into his spot, it's to maintain the same level of scoring while also preventing the same number of goals. Whether that's done by one person or committee, it doesn't really matter to me.

Interesting that Zidlicky wants out of Minnesota because he is being stifled and wants to go to New Jersey......

I wonder how this fact plays into the whole Parise thing.

My Personal feeling is Parise will test the open market and give the Devils almost matching rights...He wants to be paid and if the Devils can't do it he wont be here.

Quote Originally Posted by JimEIV View Post
    Interesting that Zidlicky wants out of Minnesota because he is being stifled and wants to go to New Jersey......

I wonder how this fact plays into the whole Parise thing.

My Personal feeling is Parise will test the open market and give the Devils almost matching rights...He wants to be paid and if the Devils can't do it he wont be here.
    I really can't blame him. I always root for the home town discount but who can really blame anyone for wanting the most money possible. It isn't like the owners are any different. Hell, I am wondering about the other side if it is greener or not in my own career. I just know I won't like it but I won't hold it against him if leaves for more money, that is life after all as an adult.
    Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son.

IMO it`s always been about:

1) can we stay competitive/make the POs? (>.500) --- check
    2) is the coach a good fit? (system) --- check
    3) are there signs of a bright future? (defense) --- check
    4) what role on the team does he get? (captaincy) --- check
    5) money --- derp

It all comes down to money, me thinks.

If the Devils are willing to take on Zidlicky's contract, then how serious are the Devils' financial problems? And does that make it more likely the Devils sign Parise?
    I came in peace.

Quote Originally Posted by Clarkson Falls Down View Post
    If the Devils are willing to take on Zidlicky's contract, then how serious are the Devils' financial problems? And does that make it more likely the Devils sign Parise?
    I don't think they're immediate. But hey, next year, the league may own the team anyway, in which case, what do they care? They pay the guy 2/3rds of his money and take a dead cap hit that they need to counterbalance Kovy's $4.3+M overage.

It means there's still financial problems, but, that they're serious about the fact that they won't let it impact the on-ice product. They know that they have to spend to make, and to make, they need playoff rev. If they get that, they will be OK going forward. Making the POs and going past round one is imperative and getting Zidlicky will help that going forward.

I also nominate Ilya giving up 5M of his 11 owed so that it can toward the Parise fund.

It is been a few months, the team is doing well.

I expect the Post to recycle the same story from a year ago very soon. It's science.

Fireworks? Not yet, but...

I`ve always been cautiously optimistic regarding his status and there`s no reason to believe the opposite.

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast