Zach Parise - Will he stay or will he go? - Page 6

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Zach Parise - Will he stay or will he go?

Quote Originally Posted by Devilsfanatic View Post
    What was so unprofessional exactly?
    Of all people I`d not expected you to be asking this question. I mean, really?

I listened to it. He said it's fun when the building is full and he wishes the building could be full all the time, so what?

Quote Originally Posted by Devilsfanatic View Post
    What was so unprofessional exactly?
    Telling a passive assed version of the truth. Apparently it's better if he says "WE HAVE THE GREATEST FANS IN ALL OF HOCKEY, EVEN WHEN WE PLAY (insert SE or WC team here) IN OCTOBER!" (interviewer snickers) "NO, REALLY!"

then Devilsrule goes after the radio guy.

of course apparently in the same interview (I don't have enough free time to sit through that) he puts over the organization and Jersey later on. but let's not mention that part.

lol, yeah I don't get it. But whatever, different strokes, I guess. I'm sure he likes it here, but they both want assurances.

Devils fans are notoriously hypersensitive. I mean in this case I guess I understand it, because he's 99.9% gone, but he's not the reason he's 99.9% gone. Team could go bankrupt, be owned by the league, have a $50M payroll and he could go to Vancouver and 2/3rds of the people in the building would boo him every time he touched the puck when he comes back.

Oh c`mon guys, I`m not being hypersensitive. Stop acting like there was no other way for him to say that, no middle ground. That is simply not true.

I'm not willing to say he's 99.9% gone. I think there's a chance he stays. They have a lot of money coming off the cap and still have guys on rookie deals to fill in spots. They can afford him while they sort out investors. If they really want to keep him, I have no doubt they can.

Quote Originally Posted by Getzo5 View Post
    Oh c`mon guys, I`m not being hypersensitive. Stop acting like there was no other way for him to say that, no middle ground. That is simply not true.
    And what would you have said? Never mind that he also pumped the organizations tires as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Getzo5 View Post
    We don't just have one fan. :P Go and read back that thread and keep reading it, over the next day or two and you'll see the hypersensitivity. The first part is taking it way out of context, to the point of inventing a new context to it.

DF, I guess we'll see but I expect it to be 99.9%. We have to field a complete team next season and who would sign a long term contract with a team that goes under when you have no certainty of the future direction of the team, not to mention this makes the NTC/NMC stuff hard to do, which means you could get Jeff Carter'd.

Quote Originally Posted by guyincognito View Post
    We don't just have one fan. :P Go and read back that thread and keep reading it, over the next day or two and you'll see the hypersensitivity. The first part is taking it way out of context, to the point of inventing a new context to it.

DF, I guess we'll see but I expect it to be 99.9%. We have to field a complete team next season and who would sign a long term contract with a team that goes under when you have no certainty of the future direction of the team, not to mention this makes the NTC/NMC stuff hard to do, which means you could get Jeff Carter'd.
    It's best to just not think about it, in my estimation. I'm focused on this season at hand. Making the playoffs and doing well there is the most important part of it all. I really don't care about 7/1/12 as much as I do about a successful playoff drive. Only thing that's important.

And I went through that thread on HF, and good God. What a bunch of babies.

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast