Confirmed With Link: Devils Aquire LW Alexei Ponikarovsky for a 4th and D Joe Sova - Page 2

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Confirmed With Link: Devils Aquire LW Alexei Ponikarovsky for a 4th and D Joe Sova

Sova, we hardly knew ye.

But Ponikarovsky? Ew. Remember when he was an Ilya Kovalchuk consolation prize? Now we have both.

He's a good player when not relied on heavily. And he's a proud Canadian.

Quote Originally Posted by jkrdevil View Post
    You know the best part of this deal. It happened at 10pm on Friday. You TG was tucking himself into bed because of the early game tomorrow doing one last check of twitter when the reports came and he realized he had to go to work.
    And the grumpys come out before returning to bed.

Tom Gulitti

Reality of the Devils ' finances: Chambers wants out. no deal yet. Approx. $80 million debt they are trying refinance and haven't yet.

The longer it takes for those two problems to be solved, the bigger those problems will become.

Dmitry Chesnokov

@TGfireandice kind of like a lot of people with mortgages

Topped off with a conscious clearer for a sound sleep.

Tom Gulitti
    But the NHL is not taking the team over next month. There was no ultimatum from NHL/Bettman. Devils are working with NHL on this.

Among areas Devils are exploring: Leveraging lucrative broadcast fees from MSG, working w/Prudential on arena naming rights, PSE&G.

There is no danger of team going into bankruptcy until after completion of S.Cup Finals. Lenders know this. It's part of agreement.
    Last edited by Tao Jones; 01-20-2012 at 21:14.

Quote Originally Posted by Devilsfanatic View Post
    Sova, we hardly knew ye.

But Ponikarovsky? Ew. Remember when he was an Ilya Kovalchuk consolation prize? Now we have both.

He's a good player when not relied on heavily. And he's a proud Canadian.

Ponikarovsky, high end, will be a good to exceptional third line winger. Low end, he'll be a good to exceptional fourth line winger. Given the current status of that fourth line, I can't complain about this acquisition. Especially since the cost was pretty minimal.

Nonetheless, this is us shoring up a position of weakness, but not the position of weakness. But I suppose it's better to acquire him now than in a few weeks, at the deadline Poni probably fetches a third instead of a fourth.

Quote Originally Posted by Tao Jones View Post
    And the grumpys come out before returning to bed.

Tom Gulitti

Reality of the Devils ' finances: Chambers wants out. no deal yet. Approx. $80 million debt they are trying refinance and haven't yet.

The longer it takes for those two problems to be solved, the bigger those problems will become.

Dmitry Chesnokov

@TGfireandice kind of like a lot of people with mortgages

Topped off with a conscious clearer for a sound sleep.

Tom Gulitti
    But the NHL is not taking the team over next month. There was no ultimatum from NHL/Bettman. Devils are working with NHL on this.
    I bet we become eligible for revenue sharing under the new CBA. We're currently not, but I suspect that will change.

Still, the problems aren't going to be solved until we sub Chambers out and a new billionaire in.

Quote Originally Posted by Classic Devil View Post
    Ponikarovsky, high end, will be a good to exceptional third line winger. Low end, he'll be a good to exceptional fourth line winger. Given the current status of that fourth line, I can't complain about this acquisition. Especially since the cost was pretty minimal.

Nonetheless, this is us shoring up a position of weakness, but not the position of weakness. But I suppose it's better to acquire him now than in a few weeks, at the deadline Poni probably fetches a third instead of a fourth.
    Yeah, I'm not complaining. If he was brought in for the top six, I'd be mad. When the hell is Zajac coming back? I really think out for the year, lol.

Yeah, I'm not complaining. If he was brought in for the top six, I'd be mad. When the hell is Zajac coming back? I really think out for the year, lol.
    Hopefully sooner rather than later. I hate our medical staff. They're the biggest bunch of ****-ups and incompetents. Who would of thought that of all the names we lost in the last decade, I'd be putting Bill Murray in the top-5 I want back?

Yeah, didn't seem like we lost a lot of guys with Peter Venkman on the bench. Stinzio sucks, or Stininzio or whatever the hell his spelling is.

I think if we can acquire another D, (doesn't sound like it), and a F, we'll be OK.

Zubrus-Elias-Sykora
    Parise-Henrique-Kovalchuk
    Ponikarovsky-Zajac-Clarkson
    Carter-Josefson-Mills

It will work and be good, I think.

Yeah, didn't seem like we lost a lot of guys with Peter Venkman on the bench. Stinzio sucks, or Stininzio or whatever the hell his spelling is.

I think if we can acquire another D, (doesn't sound like it), and a F, we'll be OK.

Zubrus-Elias-Sykora
    Parise-Henrique-Kovalchuk
    Ponikarovsky-Zajac-Clarkson
    Carter-Josefson-Mills

It will work and be good, I think.
    I know it's a pipe-dream, but with Beauchemin re-signed in Anaheim, I'd be hammering those phones trying to add Visnovsky. I've coveted him for the better part of five years now, and he's still one of the best options out there.

Also - I know this is probably anathema right now, and rightly so, but sometime before the playoffs I want to try splitting up Kovy and Zach again. Not because I think it's the right thing necessarily, but because I'd like to have the option in the tactical toolbox when the time comes.

Vish is highly desirable.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast