GDT: Philadelphia Flyers @ New Jersey Devils - 1/21/12 - 1pm ET MSG+ - Page 15

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: GDT: Philadelphia Flyers @ New Jersey Devils - 1/21/12 - 1pm ET MSG+

Quote Originally Posted by Clarkson Falls Down View Post
    Regular season losses usually don't get me upset at all anymore, but this one really pissed me off for some reason. Maybe because it was the Flyers, maybe it was because they were shorthanded, maybe because they need to start beating good teams.

Hopefully tomorrow makes up for it 100 times over.

Oh and Briere has a concussion. I wonder who gave it to him.
    Some Flyers beat writer, or former beat writer, says Elias punched him twice in the face after the game lol. Like that's going to give that Paul McCartney looking reject a concussion. Unless he has a soft head.

Quote Originally Posted by Devilsfanatic View Post
    Some Flyers beat writer, or former beat writer, says Elias punched him twice in the face after the game lol. Like that's going to give that Paul McCartney looking reject a concussion. Unless he has a soft head.
    Yeah, that's ridiculous. Maybe when Volch decked him lol.

Of course, I had a bunch of Flyers fans jump on me for saying he had the punches coming. They think I meant he had the concussion coming. Which I clearly specified that he didn't. Of course, they're all a bunch of hicks, so, they probably can't read.

Quote Originally Posted by Wingman77 View Post
    Nick P posted these on HF......loved Henrique finishing Talbot off
    I came. That`s how you do it.

Got home at 10:30 because of the weather, never saw this, never will. PK starting to get scored on is troubling, they will not win very many games if that continues.

well...that sucked. cant win giving up 2 PPG and not scoring any

wonder how long kurtis foster lasts. pete made a comment about the bottom six sucking and they got him a forward. maybe if he complains about foster he'll be traded

This loss makes me want to punch an off duty cop who isn't asking for it.
    Langenbrunner Superfan

Quote Originally Posted by Zajac's Bowl Cut View Post
    well...that sucked. cant win giving up 2 PPG and not scoring any

wonder how long kurtis foster lasts. pete made a comment about the bottom six sucking and they got him a forward. maybe if he complains about foster he'll be traded
    kurtis foster IS who lou acquired when deboer complained about the back end not being able to move the puck, i'm sure. what do you think the chances are lou will get anything more than another depth d-man to fill the bottom pairing?

Quote Originally Posted by Big#D View Post
    kurtis foster IS who lou acquired when deboer complained about the back end not being able to move the puck, i'm sure. what do you think the chances are lou will get anything more than another depth d-man to fill the bottom pairing?
    Obviously without giving up something significant we aren't getting anything of value back. Puck moving offensive oriented defensemen are as coveted as it gets these days and I don't see an over abundance of prospects for us to get one without giving up something significant from the current roster.

I said all of that without saying Parise....oh...damn it!

Seriously, we either promote a prospect who performs the tasks we need or keep looking for retreads hoping we catch lightening in a bottle. Tao needs to take Foster's PP time at this point or even see what Larsson can do with a bit more ice time. I am an outright Fayne lover but he is a second PP unit type of player at best at this point of his career and he isn't being projected to be anything great offensively. The Devils might as well try out our other players and Tao is next up in my book.
    Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son.

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415