GDT: Philadelphia Flyers @ New Jersey Devils - 1/21/12 - 1pm ET MSG+ - Page 2

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1234 12 ... LastLast

Thread: GDT: Philadelphia Flyers @ New Jersey Devils - 1/21/12 - 1pm ET MSG+

It'll have to do. One of those souls isn't gonna be around when Travis returns. In my estimation it will probably be Mills who is gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Doom View Post
    I hate when everyone forgets how young he is and says that he is a bust. He is 21 years old. Young players aren't consistent. That is what playing in the NHL is all about.
    Yep, that's what annoys me. He isn't 27. He's still very young and has room to grow. I dunno why people assume that he's trade bait, a bust, etc. Way too early for stuff like that.

It's a classic HF overreaction. They do it with everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Devilsfanatic View Post
    It's a classic HF overreaction. They do it with everything.
    It happened here too.
    aka Tedenby21

Quote Originally Posted by Clarkson Falls Down View Post
    Yep, that's what annoys me. He isn't 27. He's still very young and has room to grow. I dunno why people assume that he's trade bait, a bust, etc. Way too early for stuff like that.
    I assume he's trade bait because he's a valuable asset who I believe to be more expendable than most of our other valuable assets.

It doesn't make sense to trade away our future. We aren't a huge contender and stacking up doesn't make sense. Beyond popular belief this team in in the middle of "rebuilding" or whatever the hell you want to call it.
    aka Tedenby21

They're attempting to rebuild on the fly, depends on what players we can bring in and how many assets they consider expendable.
    Langenbrunner Superfan

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Doom View Post
    It doesn't make sense to trade away our future. We aren't a huge contender and stacking up doesn't make sense. Beyond popular belief this team in in the middle of "rebuilding" or whatever the hell you want to call it.
    You need to win to win more. Teams that get stuck in cycles of losing end up staying stuck in them for a long, long time. Even if we just compete in a playoff round, that could convince a guy like Parise that it's worth spending the prime of his career betting he can win here, where losing might convince him otherwise. Don't underestimate the importance of simply competing with the best. Only rarely do teams go from out of the playoffs one year to championship caliber a season later. If you give up on this season, you're essentially giving up on next season too.

All I'm saying is if you trade Tedenby for lets say some sort of high end rental, which may not even be available, you run the risk of making an even worse impact on the future. Who are the only guys left, Suter or Weber? So you trade for them with whatever package including Tedenby and most likely more prospects and picks, whatever. Then what happens when Suter/Weber ask for a crap ton of money and Parise wants to leave. So at the end of the season it is possible to lose what you gave up in the trade and all of your assets. For what? A chance to win a playoff round? I feel like that is horrible asset management.
    aka Tedenby21

Quote Originally Posted by Getzo5 View Post
    Poni in per Chere.

EDIT: Zalewski will sit... *what if the Flyers goon it up*
    Are you thinking of Mills?

Zalewski has 0 of Albany's 160 fights over this season and last.

Zharkov and Urbom each had one fight last season.

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1234 12 ... LastLast