Where does Mattias Tedenby stand with the Devils?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Where does Mattias Tedenby stand with the Devils?

Where does Mattias Tedenby stand with the Devils?

Lamoriello said Mattias Tedenby, sent to Albany (AHL) on Saturday, still figures prominently in the organization’s future.

“You never get disappointed in a young player. You go through ups and downs,” Lamoriello said. “He’s got a tremendous amount of skill. He has to play 15-18 minutes a game to get his game and confidence back. He understands that. He is, without question, a top prospect. We forget how young they are.”

So, there you have it.

He is part of the "new" devils. In the future we are going to be very well built in terms of prospects. He will only continue to get stronger and smarter.

P.S. there is a Mattias Tedenby thread somewhere on these boards, maybe combine them?
    aka Tedenby21

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Doom View Post
    He is part of the "new" devils. In the future we are going to be very well built in terms of prospects. He will only continue to get stronger and smarter.

P.S. there is a Mattias Tedenby thread somewhere on these boards, maybe combine them?
    It's on page two. Too much effort.

Also, Tedenby has a crazy amount of character and I think he adds a lot of value to the locker room in the future.
    aka Tedenby21

I for one minute never thought he'd be trade bait like so many others seem to think.

Me either.

I'm starting to wonder if JJ will end up being a top 6 center or not. With Henrique's emergence and Zajac it seems like we are set in the top 6. We have also seen how much better JJ is at center than at wing.

In a couple of years?

Parise-Henrique-Kovalchuk
    Elias-Zajac-Tedenby
    Palmieri-Josefson-Clarkson

I would be happy with this and we wouldn't be paying out the *** through free agency. Not to mention the chemistry that would be developed after playing with each other for years.
    aka Tedenby21

Quote Originally Posted by Devilsfanatic View Post
    I for one minute never thought he'd be trade bait like so many others seem to think.
    Nobody knows. Way too many people assume this because a 21 year old was sent down. Too many people like to think they're a GM.

I'd rather move Josefson. I'm not really that high on him. He's a smart defensive C, but I don't think he's anymore than a 40 pt C, at best. He's also 20, easy to forget that.

Quote Originally Posted by Devilsfanatic View Post
    I'd rather move Josefson. I'm not really that high on him. He's a smart defensive C, but I don't think he's anymore than a 40 pt C, at best. He's also 20, easy to forget that.
    I would really like to keep him. I'm not so sure about his offensive abilities. Like you I see him in the 40-50 pt range. Maybe more if he has someone to pass to.
    aka Tedenby21

Maybe it's Tedenby. Maybe one day Josefson can be an Elias type, but he's still raw. I think with Henny's emergence, he can go down to Albany when Zajac comes.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast