GDT : Penguins at Devils 1 PM EST 2/5/12 - Page 15

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: GDT : Penguins at Devils 1 PM EST 2/5/12

I wanted Lubo back when he was a FA a few years ago

think he'd be a perfect fit

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Doom View Post
    At this point I would almost rather add a solid 4th liner than a #1 d-man. I think it would have a bigger impact and it wouldn't cost us nearly as much.
    A couple that spring to mind, if they're available, Moen, Pahlsson out of CLB, and Goose in BUF.

Quote Originally Posted by Devilsfanatic View Post
    A couple that spring to mind, if they're available, Moen, Pahlsson out of CLB, and Goose in BUF.
    I would take any of them over Boulton.

Parise-Elias/Henrique-Kovalchuk
    Sykora-Elias/Henrique-Zubrus
    Poni-Zajac-Clarkson
    Moen/Pahlsson/Goose-Josefson-Carter

That is fucking solid. I would be willing to say the best offensive core in the league if everyone is healthy.

“He’s been a beast,” Devils captain Zach Parise said. “He’s doing it all. He’s scoring shorthanded, on the power play, fighting. That type of play he’s doing right now is contagious, I think, for everybody. You see him outwork two guys shorthanded and Zubie ends up getting a goal. That rubs off on players on the bench and I thought that was a big-time game changer tonight.”

Parise is also on a pretty good surge with goals in four consecutive games and five total of that span to reach 20 goals for the fifth time in his career.

“Everybody knows Zach is an elite player,” Kovalchuk said. “Like I said a lot of times, it’s so easy to play with good players like him and Patty (Elias). I really hope that he’s going to stay here for a long time and we’ll have a lot more games Zach and me together.”
    aka Tedenby21

I still think Boston destroys, but our 4th line with a couple of guys like that instantly competes with the Campbell-Thornton-whoever combo they have in Bean Town.

Also, our 4th line would be Bernier-Josefson-Pahlsson/Goose/Moen such a huge upgrade.

I love the Parise/Kovy bromance too.
    Last edited by Devilsfanatic; 02-05-2012 at 14:26.

I miss all the best games.

Haven't seen the last two games, but it looks like they're starting to round into form as an offensive team, which will at least make them good. That's their strength. I watch Poni and I think "meh", but he's putting up points, probably more points than any non-Clarkson bottom 6er had on the entire season.

And Bernier is a good fit, I don't understand why they buried him the way they did, he has a track record of at least being able to play in the NHL, instead of the minor league stiff squad they've gone through during the season. It's getting there, forward-wise.

Bernier was hurt, and Poni is more than meh. He gets involved, and he is smart defensively.

Poni is Zubrus-lite

Quote Originally Posted by Devilsfanatic View Post
    Bernier was hurt, and Poni is more than meh. He gets involved, and he is smart defensively.
    Poni is meh, his style of play is meh, he's not particularly fast, he doesn't get particularly involved for his size, etc. He's playing a bit over his head right now because they're on an offensive rampage.

The point is that the guys that were there before (and Tedenby is included in them, because he was a square peg being jackhammered into a round hole), totally freaking blew. So if you get say an average or slightly above average player in that slot, he's going to look awesome in comparison. Hopefully the trickle down effect from getting Henrique back out there, and having a proper 4th liner in Bernier and perhaps even getting Zajac to play healthy for a week or two, this will make them alot better.

Their bottom six other than Clarkson has been an utter load this year. Bringing these guys in and moving other guys down through depth makes them a ton better.

Imagine having Zajac, Henrique, Elias, Josefson as our center depth?

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415