Official Trade Deadline Thread

Page 1 of 49 123 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Trade Deadline Thread

Hybrid View

Official Trade Deadline Thread

With the deadline just under 3 weeks away, it's time to start thinking about the deadline. Post any Devils or non-Devils rumors, trades, etc.

Trading Doan unlikely, but possibility still remains
    http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2...t-rule-it-out/

Stan Bowman: not a lot of available players
    http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2...-trade-market/

Ryan Suter stuff
    http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2...r-uncertainty/
    I came in peace.

I would love to see Nashville spend to the cap. They would be scary if they did.
    Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son.

Fayne isn't sitting...he is essentially our #1 now and as scary as that sounds I believe it to be true. He was beautiful in the Rangers game. I refuse to label him a # whatever defenseman until he stops progressing at this poit of his career.
    Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son.

Quote Originally Posted by vonbonds View Post
    Fayne isn't sitting...he is essentially our #1 now and as scary as that sounds I believe it to be true. He was beautiful in the Rangers game. I refuse to label him a # whatever defenseman until he stops progressing at this poit of his career.
    Which leads me to believe that we aren't going to acquire a defenseman. Unless they know that Tallinder's going to be out for a long while or they suffer another serious injury between now and the deadline. I mean, who does he sit?

Volchenkov - main component on the PK and playing really well.
    Salvador - see Volchenkov
    Fayne - playing against the opponent's top lines and playing in all 3 situations. Most steady, consistent defender.
    Larsson - leads the D in icetime. Playing well IMO
    Tallinder - Most up and down of all the D-men, but a veteran presence and plays against team's top lines with Fayne when healthy.
    Greene - has been a stud since coming back. Jumps into the rush and has been making wonderful plays with his passing.
    Foster - stinks in most phases, but has value to DeBoer and Oates for the PP. PP has been better with him in there.

Maybe Lou acquires depth D - think Skoula-type. I mean, unless one of those 7 above are going the other way, I don't see Lou trading for a top 4.
    I came in peace.

exactly theres no room for anyone thats not above average

Quote Originally Posted by Wingman77 View Post
    I'm saying that with the expectation that Tallinder is not included as its a tough time table to predict his return and how the rehab will go after missing about 3 months.....will he be able to just step in after not having played in 3 months for the playoffs which as well know is a far different game?

I do agree though I think we'll see a bottom pairing foward added
    Yeah I think the Tallinder injury is the key. If Lou feels he'll be ready to go 100% by the playoffs I don't think he does anything. I think the staff has still shown faith in Foster too, to be a 6th guy.
    I came in peace.

Hank wasn't playing well when he wasn't injured but from what he showed last year in the way of standing up for teammates, I think he'd be good to have

If Vish becomes available, or Suter, Lou has to inquire at least.

I would make a huge mess if we got Vish
    aka Tedenby21

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Doom View Post
    I would make a huge mess if we got Vish
    I would Shiva blast.

Page 1 of 49 123 11 ... LastLast