Travis Zajac thread bitches - Page 3

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Travis Zajac thread bitches

I like Zajac on the 3rd line when he comes back. It lets us manage his minutes a bit while enabling him to play with skilled players so he can still be effective offensively. With him having Poni and Zubs on his wings that line will still be able to pack a ton of size. And Bernier dropping to the fourth line just gives us amazing depth.
    Follow my twitters and I'll follow your twitters and we can twitters together all the time!

Elias is a center now. C has been his position every year since 07-08 except for 08-09.
    I came in peace.

Parise-Elias-Sykora
    Kovalchuk-Henrique-Josefson
    Ponikarovsky-Zajac-Zubrus
    Boulton-Carter-Bernier

= Cups

Quote Originally Posted by Devilsfanatic View Post
    Parise-Elias-Sykora
    Kovalchuk-Henrique-Josefson
    Boulton-Carter-Bernier

= Cups
    Clarkson?

It's amazing how a couple of kids and a few reclamations turns a dying team into a team with amazing forward depth.

Quote Originally Posted by Devilsfanatic View Post
    Parise-Elias-Sykora
    Kovalchuk-Henrique-Clarkson
    Carter-Josefson-Bernier
    Boulton

= Cups
    fixed
    Follow my twitters and I'll follow your twitters and we can twitters together all the time!

I think if Zajac is going to end up taking big faceoffs in big games, Elias has to go play LW. There's no other option. The reasoning for playing him at C was depth related. Well, now you have depth and not only that, Zach plays RW so the justification for him playing C is pretty much all gone.

One piece of their total inability to close out games is that they can't win faceoffs. I understand not wanting to **** with it, but it is what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by guyincognito View Post
    I think if Zajac is going to end up taking big faceoffs in big games, Elias has to go play LW. There's no other option. The reasoning for playing him at C was depth related. Well, now you have depth and not only that, Zach plays RW so the justification for him playing C is pretty much all gone.

One piece of their total inability to close out games is that they can't win faceoffs. I understand not wanting to **** with it, but it is what it is.
    There is no issue with putting Zajac out for big draws but that doesn't mean you have to force him into the top 6 before he is physically ready for it.

Quote Originally Posted by devilzrule27 View Post
    There is no issue with putting Zajac out for big draws but that doesn't mean you have to force him into the top 6 before he is physically ready for it.
    Other than Kovy and Parise, our icetime is getting fairly even. The Montreal game was almost total even distribution except for the 4th liners. He doesn't have to play 20 minutes a night, I'd concentrate the efforts with him on 5 on 5 hockey and maybe the defensive zone starts on PKs.

I think its all about working him in without messing up any mojo. That might be tough to
    Do.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123