GDT: Devils at Flyers, 3/13, 7pm - Page 22

Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 LastLast

Thread: GDT: Devils at Flyers, 3/13, 7pm

Quote Originally Posted by jkrdevil View Post
    This is a bit over stated. He had a bad playoff last year, and a mediocre one the year before (reading into 1 round playoff numbers can be misleading).

What everyone forgets though was in Anaheim in 05-06 he basically unseated Giguere as the starter in the playoffs and led the Ducks to the conference finals (the Ducks went back to Giggy after falling behind 3-0 vs the Oilers). His final numbers that playoff was 11 games .944 sv. pct and a 1.46 gaa. Not bad and remember this was the inflated offensive year after the lockout.
    Watching him suck a fatty two years in a row I would have no confidence in him. That just me. I've been saying this since before they traded for him. He was beyond abysmal for the Yotes. Guy couldn't make one big save.
    Follow my twitters and I'll follow your twitters and we can twitters together all the time!

Quote Originally Posted by ILikeItVeryMuch View Post
    so, isnt this great?
    We lost, but I think most that are here are all, meh, **** it.

Gotta watch out for Blow Sucko's team on Thursday though.

Whatever. Wake me when the playoffs start, which we are like 99.9% to make at this point and more than likely in the 6th seed. Whatever happens in the first round will depend on which Devils team shows up.

The first goal was a bad bounce and we just couldn't convert on our PP. You change that and it goes the other way. Hell, maybe even take the bad bounce out and it goes the other way. There were other games in the season where we were dominated more than tonight.
    aka Tedenby21

Quote Originally Posted by ILikeItVeryMuch View Post
    so, isnt this great?
    Fine, just pout!
    Follow my twitters and I'll follow your twitters and we can twitters together all the time!

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Doom View Post
    The first goal was a bad bounce and we just couldn't convert on our PP. You change that and it goes the other way. Hell, maybe even take the bad bounce out and it goes the other way. There were other games in the season where we were dominated more than tonight.
    I wouldn't say it was a bad bounce. I was watching Cobourn and he looked and noticed Marty was gonna go down, so he angled it off the boards on purpose. That was a smart play. Also, so many quality chances that should have gone in, didn't, so that bounce was a karmic even up IMO.

I just want Zajac back so that Boulton and Janssen don't play. I would even call someone up from Albany and play them before those two.

Parise-Henrique-Kovalchuk
    Sykora-Elias-Zubrus
    Poni-Josefson/Zajac-Clarkson
    Bernier-Zajac/Josefson-Carter

I'd even call up Mills/Tedenby/Zharkov and put them in before those two in the playoffs. No one wants to fight in the playoffs, because they know how important it is to not be in the box for 5 min.
    aka Tedenby21

After the Rangers loss on Feb 27, the Devils' third in a row, people at HF were going crazy about a huge losing streak after having won, what? 8 in a row. And about losing to Boston and Washington in the next two games. My comment was:

Quote Originally Posted by Big#D View Post
    I'm not worried about the next two either. It's the 6 in a row after that (2 each against NYI, NYR and PHI) that'd concern me.

edit: 3 against NYI, 2 PHI and 1 NYR
    So, they got a point from Boston and 2 from Washington and then in those six divisional games, the Devils went 4-2-0.

Devils now only have 4 more games left against division rivals (Pitts x2, NYR, NYI) in the 11 games remaining. The rest of their schedule isn't easy, but it doesn't appear to be nearly as difficult as the last little stretch.

Yeah we got 2 left with Ottawa (those are very important games), TOR, TB, CAR, games with Western teams DET, CHI, and Colorado.

It's a lot more manageable than what the team has gone through for sure.
    I came in peace.

Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 LastLast