GDT: New Jersey Devils @ Ottawa Senators - 7:30 PM (3/20) - Page 3

Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 12345 13 ... LastLast

Thread: GDT: New Jersey Devils @ Ottawa Senators - 7:30 PM (3/20)

Quote Originally Posted by Darius Dangleaitis View Post
    If we lose this game we might as well pack it in for the year.

/hfboards
    How I feel when I go to HF
    aka Tedenby21

Quote Originally Posted by Getzo5 View Post
    I couldn`t resist.

So Trottier left and this self-entitled prick takes over? Wonderful.
    Yep, incase anyone didn't see it, these were the lines:

Parise - Henrique - Clarkson
    Kovy - Zajac - Elias
    Poni - Zubrus - Bernier
    Sykora - Carter - Josefson

The first line is alright, but we got at least 3 guys playing out of position, natural centers playing wing with Zubrus down the middle when he's much better on the wing.

I personally don't want to split Parise and Kovy up but he says he's been calling for this for a year and a half. Parise missed basically the whole year. How can they be split up if he wasn't even playing last year?

If Pete is ever going to split up Kovy and Parise, keep Kovy on RW. People have really short term memories if they don't realize how much a better Devil Kovy has been at RW than LW.
    I came in peace.

Quote Originally Posted by Clarkson Falls Down View Post
    Yep, incase anyone didn't see it, these were the lines:

Parise - Henrique - Clarkson
    Kovy - Zajac - Elias
    Poni - Zubrus - Bernier
    Sykora - Carter - Josefson

The first line is alright, but we got at least 3 guys playing out of position, natural centers playing wing with Zubrus down the middle when he's much better on the wing.

I personally don't want to split Parise and Kovy up but he says he's been calling for this for a year and a half. Parise missed basically the whole year. How can they be split up if he wasn't even playing last year?

If Pete is ever going to split up Kovy and Parise, keep Kovy on RW. People have really short term memories if they don't realize how much a better Devil Kovy has been at RW than LW.
    Prove it!

I like thinking up line combinations as much as the next guy, but really don't care at the end of the day. It's not like I get a say in who Deboer puts on the ice at any given time. People who take their own line combos seriously make me laugh.

Zajac and Bernier in for Boulton and Janssen. That is a huge difference IMO.
    aka Tedenby21

Quote Originally Posted by VaxjoDevil View Post
    Prove it!
    I got nothing.

If the Devils play the Rangers in the first round of the playoffs, I consider doing what I mentioned in the Rags GDT... playing Boulton-Carter-Janssen again in game 1 and let Torts pull that stunt again. When the puck drops, I lure the Rangers players into dropping the mitts and draw the penalty and try to start the game with a 5-on-3.

If you can play head games and start the series out on a positive, I'd almost say it's worth it. On the other hand a full game with that line might put the Devils in a hole.

Quote Originally Posted by Big#D View Post
    If the Devils play the Rangers in the first round of the playoffs, I consider doing what I mentioned in the Rags GDT... playing Boulton-Carter-Janssen again in game 1 and let Torts pull that stunt again. When the puck drops, I lure the Rangers players into dropping the mitts and draw the penalty and try to start the game with a 5-on-3.

If you can play head games and start the series out on a positive, I'd almost say it's worth it. On the other hand a full game with that line might put the Devils in a hole.

Carter and Bernier can do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Big#D View Post

I don't want Janssen or Boulton anywhere near the ice during the playoffs. I feel so strongly about this that they can stay at my house for the duration of it.
    I came in peace.

Tom Gulitti ‏ @TGfireandice

Bernier in for Boulton tonight in Ottawa. Hedberg in net. No other changes.
    I came in peace.

Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 12345 13 ... LastLast