GDT: Devils @ Forever Tanking For Franchise Players - 3/25/12 - Page 40

Page 40 of 42 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 LastLast

Thread: GDT: Devils @ Forever Tanking For Franchise Players - 3/25/12

lol, only real difference between the two plays is that he couldn't settle the puck down on the first one and had to slap it.

ladies and gentlemen, your New Jersey Devils defense. this is also why teams probably play hardcore Julienball

they all laughed at me when i said zidlicky sucked

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Ned Stark View Post
    they all laughed at me when i said zidlicky sucked
    He puts up points. It's how they're aligned, they're all going to get beat like that, maybe Volch smashes him one of the two times, that's about it.

A passive *** team would have their forward beat there instead of a defenseman.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Doom View Post
    Washington Remaining Schedule:
    Buffalo
    @Boston
    Montreal
    @Tampa Bay
    Florida
    @Rangers

Buffalo Remaining Schedule:
    @Washington
    Pittsburgh
    @Toronto
    Toronto
    @Philadelphia
    @Boston

I just don't see it happening. They play each other, there are trap games against the lesser teams, and the top teams will still have something to play for because it looks like they will be fighting for seeding in the playoffs.
    Exactly. There's no way that Washington doesn't lose at least one of Boston, Tampa and NYR and Buffalo doesn't lose at least one of Pitsburgh, Philly and Boston, on top of the next game against one another.

Likewise, there's no way the Devils don't win at least one or two of CHI, TBL, CAR, NYI, DET, and OTT. If the Devils win one, they are at 92 and both WAS, BUF have to get at least 8 of 12 points (and OTT finishing above NJD) with one of BUF and WAS getting a maximum of 1 point in their game against each other. That means they need tp basically win all but one of those tough games and the Devils have to lose all but one of theirs. Very unlikely.
    Last edited by Big#D; 03-26-2012 at 06:56.

The fix for all of the Devils woes is winning, it cures all. If the Devils don't figure things out fast then at least we won't be disappointed come the post season. I am not worried as they have exceeded my expectations by (most likely) making the playoffs. Even if they somehow flame out they played better overall than I expected especially considering some of the key injuries yet again this team had to deal with.
    Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son.

The Devils are a middle of the pack team. They can beat shitty teams if they play well, but they aren't going to beat the best teams in the East in a 7 games series. There are 5 teams above the Devils in the standings. Only one of them is beatable (Florida) without some sort of luck and they have less points than the Devils. PIT, BOS, NYR and PHI are all better teams than the Devils. FLA, OTT, WAS and BUF are all beatable, but it's not like the Devils are better by a large margin.

The worst part is, I'm not sure there's anything the Devils could do in the next few years to make the team any better than it is. They need to luck into another superstar. I just don't see that happening. Maybe SJS could really blow it up this summer and there'd be a shot at Thornton.

U can't expect them to all of a sudden turn it on. It's possible but highly unlikely.

I think what's really frustrating is that they ca
    Beat any team when they turn it on. We just haven't seen that in a while

Quote Originally Posted by Big#D View Post
    The Devils are a middle of the pack team. They can beat shitty teams if they play well, but they aren't going to beat the best teams in the East in a 7 games series. There are 5 teams above the Devils in the standings. Only one of them is beatable (Florida) without some sort of luck and they have less points than the Devils. PIT, BOS, NYR and PHI are all better teams than the Devils. FLA, OTT, WAS and BUF are all beatable, but it's not like the Devils are better by a large margin.

The worst part is, I'm not sure there's anything the Devils could do in the next few years to make the team any better than it is. They need to luck into another superstar. I just don't see that happening. Maybe SJS could really blow it up this summer and there'd be a shot at Thornton.
    This is unfortunately spot on. Not only do the Devils need another superstar or two (Larsson needs to be 1 and a center is required too in my opinion) but think how hard that will be with the Devils having to give up a first in the next two seasons. If this draft has only second pairing defensemen or second/third line forwards in their draft position then this is the year they have to give it up. Who says next year will be better than this?
    Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son.

Page 40 of 42 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 LastLast