GDT: Devils @ Forever Tanking For Franchise Players - 3/25/12 - Page 41

Page 41 of 42 FirstFirst ... 3139404142 LastLast

Thread: GDT: Devils @ Forever Tanking For Franchise Players - 3/25/12

the defense will improve. guys like Larsson and Fayne will only get better and then you have guys like Merrill, etc knocking on the door

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Ned Stark View Post
    I think what's really frustrating is that they ca
    Beat any team when they turn it on. We just haven't seen that in a while
    I don't think in a 7 game series without Marty going into God mode that is possible. We beat teams early in the season with our play usually declining as the year goes along. The team is older and doesn't have enough horses to run with most of the better teams for 7 straight games. The Devils will be a middling team for years to come until they get more upper echelon talent as Big#D says above.
    Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son.

Quote Originally Posted by vonbonds View Post
    I don't think in a 7 game series without Marty going into God mode that is possible. We beat teams early in the season with our play usually declining as the year goes along. The team is older and doesn't have enough horses to run with most of the better teams for 7 straight games. The Devils will be a middling team for years to come until they get more upper echelon talent as Big#D says above.
    idk.. i will respectfully disagree because kovalchuk will go into god mode

Quote Originally Posted by vonbonds View Post
    let us have an outstanding bet that if the devils make it out of the first round you owe me a beer and if they dont i owe you one.

let us have an outstanding bet that if the devils make it out of the first round you owe me a beer and if they dont i owe you one.
    I will buy you a case gladly if you are right! Don't think I am not rooting for them. I just have my expectations reduced due to how this team is playing and past performances late in the season into the playoffs.

idk.. i will respectfully disagree because kovalchuk will go into god mode
    It is a lot harder for a wing to take a game over than a center or defenseman. Kovy stick handles too much and isn't the best passer on the team. I hope he pulls a Cy Young though and gets 7 goals and 2 assists in the first round .

oh no doubt it looks grim as **** right now. no one in their right mind would bet on them to get through the first round or two.. but any time marty's in net we have a chance

I will shut up after this as I am clearly a Debbie Downer here. No goalie in God mode can do it without the team playing excellent defense in front of him. The last team to do this was Montreal a few years ago with Halak and the Habs playing awesome defense with timely counter punches. Marty can play awesome all he wants, we need the rest of the team to comply to act out that script which we haven't seen at all this season on a consistent basis.

I don't think we need to luck into a player or anything like that. We have some of the best defensive prospects in the league. What we need is patience.

If our defense can be solid and Marty plays well, we can make a little noise in the playoffs. I don't think we have a chance to make it out of the second round, but you never know.
    aka Tedenby21

If we re-sign Parise, everything will be ok. Defense will only get better, goaltending shouldn`t be a problem and if Lou can change the supporting cast (if needed - 4th line seems to be pretty much set, if Tedenby can play top9, so does the 3rd line. Top6 will lack one or two wingers/1 C but that shouldn`t be a problem either.

We`ll be fine.

Page 41 of 42 FirstFirst ... 3139404142 LastLast