The Party & Bullshit thread 3 - HFProblems - Page 3

Page 3 of 217 FirstFirst 12345 13 53 103 ... LastLast

Thread: The Party & Bullshit thread 3 - HFProblems

Quote Originally Posted by selyar View Post
    not bad. there are multiple hoops to go through. next is a cognitive skills and personality assessment. there's an online quiz to take. i'm planning on doing it Friday when i'm off, and hopefully not a zombie like today. if my scores are good on that, then there's ANOTHER phone conversation, and if they like me still, i might get an in person interview after all that.

i'm also hoping to maybe get some bites at the career fair that Dr. Doom and I keep talking about which is this weekend in NYC

And I'm due for another round at Monster, career builder, linked in, etc
    Wow, that is quite the tech out. Is that normal for your career field?
    Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son.

i think it's fairly normal for going through a recruiter, which is what this is.

i can't say for sure what's normal for my career field, because i've only ever had one job that i got straight out of school

I used to get the tech out for my former career field (UNIX admin) which is tough enough on its own but not quite as hard as yours sounds. It would be a phone screening then an in person with the technical team. If that worked out then you had a final meeting with management only and then an offer or not. Technical pre-sales is a bit easier if you are comfortable in your skin (and I am) as it really comes down to giving a presentation to the interviewer with a white board session where they throw curve balls at you to see how you handle it. It sounds easier than it is as I help our current team interview from time to time and it is really hard finding good candidates.

the one thing i'm alittle worried about with this opportunity is that i don't have any experience in what the company does. i was honest with them about that and they did say they were looking for someone with 1 year of experience in the field, but 1 year isn't much, and i could get up to speed on something fairly quickly.

the one thing i'm alittle worried about with this opportunity is that i don't have any experience in what the company does. i was honest with them about that and they did say they were looking for someone with 1 year of experience in the field, but 1 year isn't much, and i could get up to speed on something fairly quickly.
    like you said, that's a formality. if they like you and feel you could learn it fairly quickly it is better for them in the long run.
    aka Tedenby21

Bullshit with the next opportunity like that. Even if you have no experience tell them it is a field you are interested in and are looking for an opportunity to get into it. Bullshit that isn't a lie on your resume is totally fair game in this process .

Quote Originally Posted by Clarkson Falls Down View Post
    Tom Gulitti ‏ @TGfireandice
    One of my favorite things from the Washington Post. Peep dioramas: http://wapo.st/HfKLKx

Okay Tom...
    TG is fucking weird.

What the crap is this?

it still makes me giggle every time i hear someone talk about pipe nipples.

"do you want me to add these nipples and weldolets to the model?"

bahahaha

Page 3 of 217 FirstFirst 12345 13 53 103 ... LastLast