The Party & Bullshit thread 3 - HFProblems - Page 51

Page 51 of 217 FirstFirst ... 414950515253 61 101 151 ... LastLast

Thread: The Party & Bullshit thread 3 - HFProblems

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Doom View Post
    !!!!!!!! so jealous! PSEG seemed to really like me but they weren't sure if they had anything open for me. i'm planning on taking all of the stuff i collected at the job fair, making profiles, and applying during class today and then later tonight. BAE systems seemed to like me too. I was pleased by the amount of manufacturing places that were there because that is where my internship experience is in.
    yeah i need to follow up on a few places too. honeywell seemed to like me. i saw BAE talk to you for awhile while i was waiting for the Unilever guy (who was quite cute, btw...)

i never even unpacked all the **** i got. i still have all that stuff i stole from you in my purse. i really need to go through it all

Quote Originally Posted by Devilsfanatic View Post
    Due process is him being in jail. Bottom line. He shot someone, doesn't matter if he was being punched. If you're in a fist fight and produce a gun and kill someone who is clearly unarmed, you're in custody until the trial absolves you. This did not happen, so as it stands, the justice system, as per usual, failed.
    Why would you arrrest, charge and try someone if you know your case isn't strong enough to get a conviction and if you try and fail, he'll never have to serve time for the crime due to double jeopardy? Wouldn't it be better to build a case against the guy and have a strong conviction?

The legal system sucks, but these steps have a purpose. And it's mostly to prevent overzealous prosecutors from just trying anyone in hopes of getting a conviction, knowing that they could try again later. And honestly, if these steps weren't in place, I'm pretty sure there'd be a whole hell of a lot more young black men like Trayvon Martin in jail because some white lawyer took a chance and try to convict him on less than convincing evidence.

Quote Originally Posted by selyar View Post
    yeah i need to follow up on a few places too. honeywell seemed to like me. i saw BAE talk to you for awhile while i was waiting for the Unilever guy (who was quite cute, btw...)

i never even unpacked all the **** i got. i still have all that stuff i stole from you in my purse. i really need to go through it all
    what did i say about taking my jobs!

BAE seemed like my best bet from what i read off them. I talked to Honeywell for a good amount of time too and she seemed semi interested. It was amazing how fast some people would look at your resume and talk to you though. I also felt like since it was aimed more for women, I wasn't really what a lot of places were looking for.
    aka Tedenby21

what did i say about taking my jobs!

BAE seemed like my best bet from what i read off them. I talked to Honeywell for a good amount of time too and she seemed semi interested. It was amazing how fast some people would look at your resume and talk to you though. I also felt like since it was aimed more for women, I wasn't really what a lot of places were looking for.
    i don't think thats the case at all. yes the companies send mostly women to these things to recruit because it's a SWE event, but an engineer is an engineer. BAE wasn't for me, but location is important to me now. even Honeywell isn't in a good spot. honestly i'm not sure any of them would help my commute. lol. its nice to feel wanted though

what do you mean you "weren't what they were looking for?"
    Last edited by selyar; 04-02-2012 at 12:35.

I just applied to some jobs. There's still a whole crapload left though. I think I'm gonna be up pretty late tonight between studying for the exam tomorrow, FE review, and applying to jobs.
    aka Tedenby21

Quote Originally Posted by Devilsfanatic View Post

Yikes
    Holy ****! Drugs I assume?
    Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son.

that sounds really good. i'll have to keep an eye out for it in the store.

do they supply equipment?
    Yes they do.

I am reviewing my final tax papers. I see I have used the company card for some hockey equipment. Wonder if that can slip through as health service purchase?

Page 51 of 217 FirstFirst ... 414950515253 61 101 151 ... LastLast