The Party & Bullshit thread 3 - HFProblems - Page 62

Page 62 of 217 FirstFirst ... 12 526061626364 72 112 162 ... LastLast

Thread: The Party & Bullshit thread 3 - HFProblems

Welp, glad I didn't drudge through the books then.

i was told there would be bagels this morning.

i did not eat breakfast in anticipation of bagels.

there are no bagels.

i'm fucking hungry.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinnie View Post
    Welp, glad I didn't drudge through the books then.
    Same here. haha

2nd episode already? What is this I don`t even.

Quote Originally Posted by Devilsfanatic View Post
    Dear HBO,

You did such a great job with the book to show conversion in book one, keeping the book's integrity. Now, you have mutated book two into something that isn't quite right.

Please, re-shoot these episodes and do justice to the books instead of making it typical HBO.

Signed,

Fans
    Episode 2 was horrible. I almost just stopped watching it, but I continued in hope it would get better. It got worse.
    aka Tedenby21

I saw episode 1 of season 2 last night and thought it was boring. I didn't read the books for the record.
    Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son.

Quote Originally Posted by vonbonds View Post
    I saw episode 1 of season 2 last night and thought it was boring. I didn't read the books for the record.
    You probably won't care then.

They are starting to really stray from the book. It's like they are trying to foreshadow stuff, but in the process they are leaving out important things or completely changing stuff all together. This is a huge problem because when they change things they have to deal with the butterfly effect it creates.
    aka Tedenby21

Going to the Catskills Friday afternoon! I love fishing the Upper Delaware System.

This is the problem with books. People will always compare them and the book usually wins.

Director made the decision and he`s fully responsible for it. I don`t think E1 was bad (still DLing the 2nd though) at all.

It`s a TV series, you can`t compress a book into a couple of hours.
    Last edited by Getzo5; 04-03-2012 at 06:55.

Quote Originally Posted by Getzo5 View Post
    This is the problem with books. People will always compare them and the book usually wins.

Director made the decision and he`s fully responsible for it. I don`t think E1 was bad (still DLing the 2nd though) at all.

It`s a TV series, you can`t compress a book into a couple of hours.
    Episode 1 was good. Episode 2 was god awful. The sad thing is that the people only watching the show have no clue what they are missing.

It is no longer compressing the book, it is changing facts of what happened. The writers let the success from the first season go to their heads. They have excellent source material and all they have to do is figure out how to compress the events to fit into the show. Instead they decided to change what happens.

I could write the tv episodes for the show. All you have to do is look at the book and write in what needs to stay and what doesn't.
    aka Tedenby21

That`s your POV because you read the book. Mine might be completely different, even though, as you say, I may "miss" (depends, I have no desire nor time to read the book) some things.

As long as I like the story line and I`m entertained, idc. It`s your problem and I feel for you but that`s how it is. When the changes become too apparent and they decide to ruin the basic concept, I will be the first one to join you, but I have no reason to atm.

Page 62 of 217 FirstFirst ... 12 526061626364 72 112 162 ... LastLast