The Party & Bullshit thread 3 - HFProblems - Page 63

Page 63 of 217 FirstFirst ... 13 536162636465 73 113 163 ... LastLast
Results 621 to 630 of 2166

Thread: The Party & Bullshit thread 3 - HFProblems

                  
   
   
   
  1. #621
    I'm just afraid this is the beginning. I feel like they got feedback on certain characters and decided to focus on them more and on more important ones less. I wish DF was here to join me in the complaining.
    aka Tedenby21

  2. #622
    i see what you're both saying.

    if you call it GoT, you expect a certain level of adherence to the predetermined story line

    However, a story is a story, and if it's a different story, but still entertaining, who cares?

    that being said, i haven't read the books, don't expect to, and have little interest in the show.

  3. #623
    I have no problem with that, feel free to complain. haha

    Seriously though, you`re emotionally tied to the original, I think it`s only natural. That said, the changes don`t necessarily have to be bad for someone like me and that`s the point.

    Spot on seylar.

  4. #624
    Quote Originally Posted by selyar View Post
    i see what you're both saying.

    if you call it GoT, you expect a certain level of adherence to the predetermined story line

    However, a story is a story, and if it's a different story, but still entertaining, who cares?

    that being said, i haven't read the books, don't expect to, and have little interest in the show.
    my problem is the first season was so entertaining. like DF said, they did such a good job with it. hell, even the first episode was entertaining. now you get to the second episode and it was like they were demo'ing a bathroom.

    for the people that read the books it isn't entertaining and that is a lot of people. there were a lot of people that read the books before the show came out and then a lot that read the whole series after the first season of the show. it is painful to watch. it also makes it very difficult to remember what really happened in the books because scenes appear and you have to sit back and say "did that really happen or was that added?"

    i'm fine with leaving scene out, but when you leave scenes out in an already time restricted show so that you can add garbage into the show, then that is when i have a problem.
    aka Tedenby21

  5. #625
    Quote Originally Posted by Getzo5 View Post
    This is the problem with books...the book usually wins.
    Because we make our own movie in the head when we read it. Which is awesome.

  6. #626
    i have to admit, with the precedent set after one full season of happy book reading viewers, it does seems strange that they went to complete left field with the second season.

    i'm sure they must have realized they would be alienating a chunk of the viewer base by making drastic changes.

  7. #627
    Introducing: Our Dumb Readers

    Shove The Onion Down Your Friends' Throats
    Log in to Facebook now to see what your so-called friends are reading and watching, and to let them see every fucking thing you're reading and watching.
    I love The Onion

  8. #628
    Quote Originally Posted by VaxjoDevil View Post
    Because we make our own movie in the head when we read it. Which is awesome.
    thank you. i'm not a big reader, but this is why books are so great.
    Quote Originally Posted by selyar View Post
    i have to admit, with the precedent set after one full season of happy book reading viewers, it does seems strange that they went to complete left field with the second season.

    i'm sure they must have realized they would be alienating a chunk of the viewer base by making drastic changes.
    and thank you. there were differences in the 1st book and season 1, but i didn't feel they were as drastic as in season 2 so far. i'm talking about in one single episode, only two episodes in, there are noticeable differences.

    i went from 'can't wait for next weeks episode' to 'i don't even know if i want to continue watching', in a single episode. that is quite impressive that in 52 minutes you can change someone's opinion so much.
    aka Tedenby21

  9. #629
    Quote Originally Posted by VaxjoDevil View Post
    I love The Onion
    HAHAHAHAH. I hate facebook. My life is a million times better after deactivating my account.
    aka Tedenby21

  10. #630
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Doom View Post
    HAHAHAHAH. I hate facebook. My life is a million times better after deactivating my account.
    but but how do you stalk people?

Page 63 of 217 FirstFirst ... 13 536162636465 73 113 163 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Official Football Thread (NFL & NCAA)
    By Zajac's Bowl Cut in forum New Jersey Devils
    Replies: 221
    Last Post: 04-24-2012, 21:47
  2. I Claim This Land For Non-Homosexuals (The Party & Bullshit Thread)
    By Devilsfanatic in forum New Jersey Devils
    Replies: 4278
    Last Post: 03-28-2012, 08:24
  3. Replies: 2100
    Last Post: 02-03-2012, 14:55
  4. OT: The Music Thread
    By Devilsfanatic in forum New Jersey Devils
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 01-29-2012, 22:01
  5. Official Basketball Thread (NBA & NCAA)
    By Zajac's Bowl Cut in forum New Jersey Devils
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 12-14-2011, 16:53

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •