New Jersey Devils vs. Tampa Bay Lightning - 7 PM (3/29) - Page 3

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 12345 13 ... LastLast

Thread: New Jersey Devils vs. Tampa Bay Lightning - 7 PM (3/29)

I'm not crazy about Harrold. I thought he was very mediocre last game.
    aka Tedenby21

Tom Gulitti ‏ @TGfireandice
    Vincent Lecavalier (broken hand) will be back for Lightning tonight.
    aka Tedenby21

He did some good things in the offensive zone and he didn't panic defensively. I remember one play clearly, it was a 2 on 1 against, but, Taormina was able to use his speed to get back. He of course, tried to rush the puck carrier, who Harrold was trying to play straight up. Harrold saw that Taormina was coming to help him instead of getting the free man and he starts pointing at Tao to go to whoever was in on that 2 on 1, which caused Taormina to swerve and go cover the open man and Harrold stick checked to break it up.

It was awesome to see him use his vet savvy to come in and basically do two things at once while not being distracted by Tao's presence to allow the puck carrier past him. We've come a long way since having Oliver Martin Grenier, and Jay Leach in the line up.

Quote Originally Posted by Devilsfanatic View Post
    He did some good things in the offensive zone and he didn't panic defensively. I remember one play clearly, it was a 2 on 1 against, but, Taormina was able to use his speed to get back. He of course, tried to rush the puck carrier, who Harrold was trying to play straight up. Harrold saw that Taormina was coming to help him instead of getting the free man and he starts pointing at Tao to go to whoever was in on that 2 on 1, which caused Taormina to swerve and go cover the open man and Harrold stick checked to break it up.

It was awesome to see him use his vet savvy to come in and basically do two things at once while not being distracted by Tao's presence to allow the puck carrier past him. We've come a long way since having Oliver Martin Grenier, and Jay Leach in the line up.
    cmon man. i erased that from my memory, why do you have to remind me?
    aka Tedenby21

Volch is playing

Volchenkov says he's ready to go. Would not specify what his lower body injury is. Said it happened in third period vs. Toronto.

Yes!

Also, Cohrs, it's a reminder to all of us that the defense we have now is HOF worthy to what it was for a while.

Larsson and Tao to sit

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Doom View Post
    I'm not crazy about Harrold. I thought he was very mediocre last game.
    I thought he played decent enough. Sitting Larsson is the right thing to do at this point. I want him back in the lineup for the playoffs come hell or high water as that experience will be invaluable for him down the road.
    Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son.

Quote Originally Posted by vonbonds View Post
    I thought he played decent enough. Sitting Larsson is the right thing to do at this point. I want him back in the lineup for the playoffs come hell or high water as that experience will be invaluable for him down the road.
    My thing is if you want him to play in the playoffs he needs to get these games. I see sitting one game, but after that you are almost saying that he isn't going to play in the playoffs.
    aka Tedenby21

Nah, if he gets the last two, it's fine. He needs the break big time. He'll be fine.

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 12345 13 ... LastLast