The Engineering (and other homework) Thread - Help me study!!

Page 1 of 22 123 11 ... LastLast

Thread: The Engineering (and other homework) Thread - Help me study!!

Hybrid View

The Engineering (and other homework) Thread - Help me study!!

I have the next week of my life mapped out for my FE exam review. I have to stick to a strict schedule every day in order to get everything I want done. I have it estimated at about 47 hours of studying, which includes 8 hours for a practice exam. Selyar, I have no clue how you finished both sections early. There is only 2 min per question for the morning and 4 min per question for the afternoon. Did you end up guessing on the difficult ones?
    aka Tedenby21

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Doom View Post
    I have the next week of my life mapped out for my FE exam review. I have to stick to a strict schedule every day in order to get everything I want done. I have it estimated at about 47 hours of studying, which includes 8 hours for a practice exam. Selyar, I have no clue how you finished both sections early. There is only 2 min per question for the morning and 4 min per question for the afternoon. Did you end up guessing on the difficult ones?
    wow. that's alot of studying.

i've always been a fast test taker. in the morning there are going to be some questions you just know. or that only take you like 30 seconds to punch into your calculator. you make up time on those, so you can think about the harder ones. i worked through everything i knew how to do, then went back to the ones i skipped and tried to come up with answers to those. there were probably like 3 i flat out guessed on because i didn't know them. i remember one about vulcanized rubber that all my friends talked about after the test...everyone was like wtf??

so yeah. thats how i finished early. i blew through the easy ****, finished everything else. then checked it. you have plenty of time. some of the problems are like, "in this spreadsheet, what is in cell A1" come on now. don't tell me it will take you two minutes to do that.

Someone teach me diffraction optics and electromagnetic waves

you are both gonna pass.

Quote Originally Posted by selyar View Post
    you are both gonna pass.
    i hope you're right. i am going to drink so heavily after my exam. and then i'll have to worry about my senior project
    aka Tedenby21

I have a bachelor party to go to the day after the PE, then a family party on Sunday, then I'm getting LASIK on Monday. Thursday is Lime Rock Park, then Friday I'm flying to LA for the weekend. Add in the playoff games..... oh boy.
    Last edited by onefatsurfer; 04-04-2012 at 10:45.

Uh, you're gonna have to be careful after the LASIK. The first day, you'll sleep because your eyes just won't be able to stay open. No using a computer, reading, watching TV, anything. Next three days, keep your LASIK issued sunglasses on at all times and for seven days after the surgery, you'll have to keep putting in refresh tear drops so that you get some lubricant in the eyes. Oh and absolutely no itching.

And when I say sunglasses on at all times, that includes sleeping and in the shower.

Quote Originally Posted by Devilsfanatic View Post
    Uh, you're gonna have to be careful after the LASIK. The first day, you'll sleep because your eyes just won't be able to stay open. No using a computer, reading, watching TV, anything. Next three days, keep your LASIK issued sunglasses on at all times and for seven days after the surgery, you'll have to keep putting in refresh tear drops so that you get some lubricant in the eyes. Oh and absolutely no itching.

And when I say sunglasses on at all times, that includes sleeping and in the shower.
    So I can't blast around a race track at 120+ mph? Or fly to LA? FML.

I wouldn't recommend either of those things, no. But that sacrifice is worth what LASIK brings. I had it done last December, and a year and some later, it's still great. Of course, no one knows the long term ramifications of the surgery because it's only been around 21 years or so, so, there is no test given to tell.

Quote Originally Posted by Devilsfanatic View Post
    I wouldn't recommend either of those things, no. But that sacrifice is worth what LASIK brings. I had it done last December, and a year and some later, it's still great. Of course, no one knows the long term ramifications of the surgery because it's only been around 21 years or so, so, there is no test given to tell.
    I has a sad now, thanks. I'll check with my doc, though.

Page 1 of 22 123 11 ... LastLast