The Engineering (and other homework) Thread - Help me study!! - Page 3

Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 12345 13 ... LastLast

Thread: The Engineering (and other homework) Thread - Help me study!!

Quote Originally Posted by onefatsurfer View Post
    blow me

Quote Originally Posted by onefatsurfer View Post
    We'll see if I can. Several years of drinking have passed since the last test that I took, and since I've used 99% of these equations. I have a feeling I'll be OK. If I pass and you fail, I'm going to point and laugh at you, though, so you better pass
    I wouldn't be surprised if I didn't pass. I'm expecting to pass, but if I didn't I wouldn't be too disappointed. It would probably be because I'm not taking the general exam. My problem is I'm really good at things while I'm taking a class in them, but once I stop using them on a regular basis, I completely forget them. That's why I'm doing this whole review thing, because otherwise I would probably remember none of what's on the exam. It's so tough because the most recent thing that is relevant on the FE I took one year ago. Most of the math I took 2-3 years ago and same with the engineering stuff.

I'm going to go in there, give it my best shot, and if I don't pass I at least know what to expect the next time I take it.
    aka Tedenby21

you are both gonna pass.

Quote Originally Posted by selyar View Post
    you are both gonna pass.
    i hope you're right. i am going to drink so heavily after my exam. and then i'll have to worry about my senior project
    aka Tedenby21

I have a bachelor party to go to the day after the PE, then a family party on Sunday, then I'm getting LASIK on Monday. Thursday is Lime Rock Park, then Friday I'm flying to LA for the weekend. Add in the playoff games..... oh boy.
    Last edited by onefatsurfer; 04-04-2012 at 10:45.

Uh, you're gonna have to be careful after the LASIK. The first day, you'll sleep because your eyes just won't be able to stay open. No using a computer, reading, watching TV, anything. Next three days, keep your LASIK issued sunglasses on at all times and for seven days after the surgery, you'll have to keep putting in refresh tear drops so that you get some lubricant in the eyes. Oh and absolutely no itching.

And when I say sunglasses on at all times, that includes sleeping and in the shower.

Quote Originally Posted by Devilsfanatic View Post
    Uh, you're gonna have to be careful after the LASIK. The first day, you'll sleep because your eyes just won't be able to stay open. No using a computer, reading, watching TV, anything. Next three days, keep your LASIK issued sunglasses on at all times and for seven days after the surgery, you'll have to keep putting in refresh tear drops so that you get some lubricant in the eyes. Oh and absolutely no itching.

And when I say sunglasses on at all times, that includes sleeping and in the shower.
    So I can't blast around a race track at 120+ mph? Or fly to LA? FML.

I wouldn't recommend either of those things, no. But that sacrifice is worth what LASIK brings. I had it done last December, and a year and some later, it's still great. Of course, no one knows the long term ramifications of the surgery because it's only been around 21 years or so, so, there is no test given to tell.

Quote Originally Posted by Devilsfanatic View Post
    I wouldn't recommend either of those things, no. But that sacrifice is worth what LASIK brings. I had it done last December, and a year and some later, it's still great. Of course, no one knows the long term ramifications of the surgery because it's only been around 21 years or so, so, there is no test given to tell.
    I has a sad now, thanks. I'll check with my doc, though.

guess i'm going to LA without you!

and DF, i thought you banished us here so you wouldn't have to read our nerdy ramblings?

Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 12345 13 ... LastLast