The Prospect Thread: Pan out, bitches. - Page 4

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: The Prospect Thread: Pan out, bitches.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Doom View Post
    I kind of explained and it's hard to take it much further. His offensive skills aren't really top 6 quality. It seems like the classic "going for the next great power forward" pick that turns out to just be a checker.
    Yup as I described it your thinking you are drafting the next Lucic but what you really get is the next Mike Rupp. More times then not that is how it turns out with these guys.
    Follow my twitters and I'll follow your twitters and we can twitters together all the time!

Ah, so Nick Palmieri syndrome.
    Losers always whine about their best. Winners go home and **** the prom queen.
    SWARM IT UP

Plymouth falls 2-0 to Kitchener. Wedge with 28 saves.

He can't score goals. The rest of the team needs to pick it up.
    SWARM IT UP

Quote Originally Posted by Darius Dangleaitis View Post
    Ah, so Nick Palmieri syndrome.
    I'm not sure if that's a good example because Wilson loves to use his weight and size, while Palmieri never used it to his advantage. Wilson could become a good player in the NHL, but he would have to work on a lot of things and it would take a while for him to have an impact.
    Plymouth falls 2-0 to Kitchener. Wedge with 28 saves.

He can't score goals. The rest of the team needs to pick it up.
    Plymouth is odd sometimes. They have so much talent, yet sometimes it seems like they can't put it together. Then they put everything together and they look like one of the best teams in the CHL.
    aka Tedenby21

them not having Noesen really hurt not to mention Gibson is a tough guy to score on.
    Follow my twitters and I'll follow your twitters and we can twitters together all the time!

Quote Originally Posted by devilzrule27 View Post
    them not having Noesen really hurt not to mention Gibson is a tough guy to score on.
    what happened to Noesen?
    aka Tedenby21

Broken finger

We're at a distinct disadvantage when it comes to undrafted NCAA prospects because we don't promise them immediate NHL playing time.

Example: My dad ran into Lou on the concourse a couple years back and asked him why he didn't sign Bobby Butler (from UNH). Lou told my dad that they tried and really liked him as a prospect, but Ottawa offered him immediate NHL playing time.
    SWARM IT UP

I want Schultz. He could get immediate NHL playing time.

We're at a distinct disadvantage when it comes to undrafted NCAA prospects because we don't promise them immediate NHL playing time.

Example: My dad ran into Lou on the concourse a couple years back and asked him why he didn't sign Bobby Butler (from UNH). Lou told my dad that they tried and really liked him as a prospect, but Ottawa offered him immediate NHL playing time.
    Most teams tend not to. Desperate teams will. Just look at last years crop, most signed and played in the AHL this year, Paul Thompson Andy Miele Mike Sislo ect. Spencer Abbott signed in Toronto and is in the AHL. Jeremy Welsh will more then likely spend some time in Charlotte.

Also Bobby Butler get stuffed in the minors in Ottawa too. He didn't get NHL time until the ed of the year.

Anyway I'm interested to see who will sign Jack Connolly. I would love to get him but I doubt we will. We'll just end up with Kelly Zajac, which I'm ok with. haha

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast