EC Round 1: (3) Florida Panthers v. (6) New Jersey Devils - Page 19

Page 19 of 29 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: EC Round 1: (3) Florida Panthers v. (6) New Jersey Devils

Quote Originally Posted by Devilsfanatic View Post
    Well, depends what you're doing too, right? I just graduated two years ago and finding work in this economy is tougher than ever. You're an exception more than the rule.
    This is true, I'm an engineer, there's jobs in any economy doing this.

Quote Originally Posted by VaxjoDevil View Post
    Aren't Devils the only team based on a state, not a city? I think that's the main obstacle, since it gets tricky for people to go to 41 games.
    Florida, Minnesota, Colorado, The Isles kinda

Well, they're in a city now. It's like Florida or Colorado. They're state teams too. They need to market this team, and they do a **** job of it. This is a team that stays in different hotels, busses every where, and has no twitter policies. Why should anyone care about the Devils?
    Haha you're not bitter about that at all are you?

Quote Originally Posted by Krinkle View Post
    I was 14 in 1995, I've been working full time essentially since 2001 - that's what, 11 years in the work force now? No reason a lot of those kids shouldn't be "older and employed' to the point of buying tickets

Then again, it's expensive as **** to live in New Jerssey
    And that is why I left for Maryland, it was cheaper than NJ. I was 14 too in 1995 and swore I would get season tickets...oh well.
    Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son.

When they played at CAA this held true. They're at the main city now.
    Newark will never be main metropolitan city in the area. The metro hub of the region is NYC.

Growing up when I said I was going into the city, I didn't mean Newark
    Last edited by jkrdevil; 04-09-2012 at 18:47.

Haha you're not bitter about that at all are you?

Not at all. It's a crap policy but it doesn't really bother me. But it's a direct reason why this team is such a lifeless slug.

Quote Originally Posted by jkrdevil View Post
    Newark will never be main metropolitan city in the area. The metro hub of the region is NYC.

Growing up when I said I was going into the city, I didn't mean Newark
    It's still a big city and it's on the way to NYC, you can't really put it anywhere in NJ and call it the big city. It's not as bad as the CAA.

Not at all. It's a crap policy but it doesn't really bother me. But it's a direct reason why this team is such a lifeless slug.

It's still a big city and it's on the way to NYC, you can't really put it anywhere in NJ and call it the big city. It's not as bad as the CAA.
    It's better from what I can tell (I moved from NJ during the lockout), but it doesn't get rid of the regional politics, which was strong in the past and still exist.

And as you mentioned Lou and the Devils didn't manage the brand well in the 90s, especially coming off the Herb Brooks disaster who was popular with the press.

Quote Originally Posted by vonbonds View Post
    And that is why I left for Maryland, it was cheaper than NJ. I was 14 too in 1995 and swore I would get season tickets...oh well.
    For me my job is kinda keeping me here. Not much need for a Wall Street networking engineer outside of Wall Street

I've worked financial services for over 10 years, a lot of my money goes to housing and cost of living, but luckily I do alright enough to have a good chunk left over. Any other sector I'd probably be gone too.

Since I go to Sweden so often, and with the dollar value now, NJ still seems cheap Subway in Stockholm is like 10 bucks. Haircut? $100 Only thing cheaper than here is...going to hockey. The irony.

And Montreal. ****, that city is expensive as hell.

For me my job is kinda keeping me here. Not much need for a Wall Street networking engineer outside of Wall Street

I've worked financial services for over 10 years, a lot of my money goes to housing and cost of living, but luckily I do alright enough to have a good chunk left over. Any other sector I'd probably be gone too.
    I had a chance to stay going from a dot com to a Wall Street firm. I hated working in NYC and wanted a more rural feel. I have found a little slice of heaven here in the Wedge (PA, DE and MD border). No regrets really other than not being local to the Devs.

If Zillow is right then where I grew up in Middletown ironically the cost of living has equalized a ton. I haven't saved much which means I didn't move far enough away..lol.
    Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son.

Haha, you want an expensive city? Vancouver.

Page 19 of 29 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast