EC Round 1: (3) Florida Panthers v. (6) New Jersey Devils - Page 4

Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst ... 23456 14 ... LastLast

Thread: EC Round 1: (3) Florida Panthers v. (6) New Jersey Devils

I'd love NJ to dispatch them in four or five. Four would be fantastic. Keep them winless since 1996's third round

I'd love to get out of FLA at 1-1 at least. they gave us a rough go during the regular season, but we didn't have zajac then and the team is hot, so who knows.

yeah, that's true. We never played them with Zajac in the line up. Hell, none of the teams got to see a full Zajac to this point either. I really wish the son of Josef didn't get hurt.

A sweep would be great but I'm expecting at least one Marty stinker.

I'm going to continue this in the Devils/Panthers thread before we go too far.
    aka Tedenby21

We are nowhere near the team we were when we played the Panther last. You could say the same for them, but I feel like our changes are very drastic. Zajac is healthy and he is only going to continue to get more time as his conditioning increases. This means more PP time and adding him in Josefson's place to our already record setting PK. Then you add Zidlicky who is starting to fit on the PP. He also helps the defense with their overall speed. IMO if you shut down Florida's 1st line they are done.

Also, we are arguably the hottest team in the NHL and they are arguably the coldest team in the NHL.
    aka Tedenby21

I think your forwards have to key in on the two defenseman who jump in all the time.

And they have to be careful not to lose anyone to a Garrison slapshot.

Quote Originally Posted by Devilsfanatic View Post
    I think your forwards have to key in on the two defenseman who jump in all the time.

And they have to be careful not to lose anyone to a Garrison slapshot.
    We have to make sure to take advantage of their d-men jumping in. Guys with speed like Kovy, Zach, and Henrique should be able to generate nice chances off those opportunities.
    aka Tedenby21

No cherry picking for Kovy though.

The key player in this series is Kovy. If he is on, Florida has no chance. If his game is off it could be a lot closer than I would like it to be.
    aka Tedenby21

Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst ... 23456 14 ... LastLast