GDT: New Jersey Devils @ Florida Panthers - 6:30 PM (Game 5) - Page 52

Page 52 of 60 FirstFirst ... 2 425051525354 ... LastLast

Thread: GDT: New Jersey Devils @ Florida Panthers - 6:30 PM (Game 5)

Langenbrunner isn't the Captain in St. Louis. Backes is.

Anyway Doc signs off with a Slapshot reference

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Doom View Post
    I agree with DD. They will win on Tuesday to give us a little hope and then they will drop a steaming pile of **** on the ice for game 7.

This team is so slow. You can't be slow in this NHL. I wish we never traded Halischuk. Also, we are close to having a competent 4th line, so I'm gonna guess that will be ruined in the offseason.
    I am calling shenanigans! I have been saying that to only take heat and hear that speed isn't as big a deal in the playoffs. Anyone see Tyler Seguin's goal in OT today? Speed kills with talented players.
    Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son.

Quote Originally Posted by vonbonds View Post
    I am calling shenanigans! I have been saying that to only take heat and hear that speed isn't as big a deal in the playoffs. Anyone see Tyler Seguin's goal in OT today? Speed kills with talented players.
    If it makes you feel better, I thought of you when I typed that.
    aka Tedenby21

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Doom View Post
    If it makes you feel better, I thought of you when I typed that.
    Awww shucks, I am blushing! On a serious note, **** Lou. He should be getting a lot more heat in the media but his "stature" seems to make him immune. If we lose again in the first round this year I will wait with baited breath to read anything questioning his structuring of this team.

If these guys can't dig deep and win two games against this Panthers team, then I'm not sure I want the majority of them wearing the NJ crest anyways.

I personally think Larsson would go nuts if we put him in there for at least the rest of the series. Like CFD said, he can't possibly be worse than Volchenkov has been, and Harrold hasn't done anything to justify keeping him in the lineup at this point.
    Losers always whine about their best. Winners go home and **** the prom queen.
    SWARM IT UP

Quote Originally Posted by vonbonds View Post
    Well, speed looks better when everyone's caught flatfooted. Wideman should have had no chance except for Holtby forcing Seguin to go around.

Kovalchuk looks 100 times faster in his breakaway against the Rangers last year than he has at any point in this series, because he caught them flatfooted.

No idea why Pee Dee Bee won't switch Henrique back to the top line. When he did in game two it resulted in a goal that Henrique created almost immediately.
    Losers always whine about their best. Winners go home and **** the prom queen.
    SWARM IT UP

As for Lou I can maybe buy the argument it might be time to move on if the get knocked out of round 1 based on his age and possibility of Zach and Marty leaving. However, look around the league, who are we going to get that is better GM? Let's be honest with ourselves of what this organization really is.

NJDevs is on the Marty kick again, which is funny considering he has one less point that Kovy and Parise in this series. So you have the Devilsrule insane asylum, the rotted husk of HF and NJDevs where they're too smart for you, and Marty is not only a mediocre goalie that kept them from winning 12 Cups, he's also an awful person.

I'm starting to think smart people don't follow sports. That's why they're smart, they have better things to do.

Quote Originally Posted by guyincognito View Post
    Well, speed looks better when everyone's caught flatfooted. Wideman should have had no chance except for Holtby forcing Seguin to go around.

Kovalchuk looks 100 times faster in his breakaway against the Rangers last year than he has at any point in this series, because he caught them flatfooted.
    Speed penalizes players who are flat footed a lot more than normal. It also helps create time and space with defensive players being a bit soft trying not to get burned. I am not saying speed is the end all be all but we have very little of it save for a few players.

Page 52 of 60 FirstFirst ... 2 425051525354 ... LastLast