Jerry D'Amigo

Thread: Jerry D'Amigo

Hybrid View

Jerry D'Amigo

This guy is making an impact. Two playoff games and he has 4 goals and two game winning goals at that. This 6th round pick of the Leafs had sort of been slipping down the depth charts. He had a great run playing for the USA in the Under 18 tournaments and in the junior tournament.

This year in 75 games he had 15 goals and 26 assists for 41 points.

If he keeps this up he won't stay under the radar much longer

He joins Mckegg, Biggs, Ross, kadri, Colborne, Ashton, Blacker, Holzer, Percy as potential NHL caliber players within the Leafs organization, not to mention Kessel, Gardiner, Frattin, Schenn, Bozak, and Kulemin as under 25 players already on the NHL roster.
    The Leafs have chips to barter with this summer to acquire some star players.
    Joe thornton, Chris Stewart, Rick Nash, maybe!

You won`t believe me, but he was one of those guys I took a closer look on "before they were famous", just like Eberle back in the day. Not saying he has the same upside but I really like his game from what I`ve seen. Good to see him playing well in the POs, definitely rooting for him to make the NHL sooner or later.

I was very surprised to see a thread dedicated to him (had to doublecheck, but yeah, it`s him. lol) so I quickly jumped in.

D'Amigo picked up another two points in last nights series winning game against Rochester. He now has 5 goals and 1 assist in the 3 playoff games. D'Amigo is tied Krys Kolanus 4G 2A and Jon Matsumoto 3G 3A for the playoff scoring leadership.

Will Jerry get a shot with the Leafs next year?