Preliminary details for the FHC Dynasty league - Page 6

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Preliminary details for the FHC Dynasty league

Another question about prospects, I was reading the rules and it states that they have to be under the age of 25, does the number of NHL games played matter?

So, someone like Viktor Fasth who is 30 years old but has played no games in the NHL cannot be a prospect, but Cam Fowler who is 20 years old and has played 156 NHL games can be a prospect?

Co-Creator & Webmaster Aaron Brouwer's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    You are correct about Fasth not being a prospect and we will be adding a NHL games played number as well, likely something similar to what is used in the FHC Prospects Guide. Under 25 years old and 25 or fewer NHL games.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach Brouwer View Post
    You are correct about Fasth not being a prospect and we will be adding a NHL games played number as well, likely something similar to what is used in the FHC Prospects Guide. Under 25 years old and 25 or fewer NHL games.
    Alrighty, thanks

Blog Entries
    Here are a few rule changes that have been made:

1. In order for a player to be assigned to the minors he must be under the age of 25 and played 25 or fewer NHL games. If a player on your farm turns 25 or plays more then 25 games he can remain on your minor team but once you bring him up he won’t be allowed to be sent down.

2. A player that records a hat trick will get an additional 3 points and a player that records a Gordie Howe Hat Trick (goal, assist and fight) will get an additional 15 points.

3. Line-Up Changes are now weekly and due 1 minute prior to the start of the first game on Monday of each week.

4. You will be allowed 1 free agent or waiver wire transaction per week. Free agency is 1st come 1st serve. You are allowed to sign any player, as that has been draft into the NHL in any season.

5. Weekly waivers and the order is reverse order of standings and is reset every Tuesday at 4 AM EST. Waivers will be process on each Sunday at 4 AM EST, giving you two days to adjust your line-up for the upcoming week.

6. Prevention of waiver “churning” will prevent teams from putting a player on waivers by claiming and dropping him within the same Lineup Period. If that happens that player would go straight back to being a free agent, upon being dropped.

7. Fantrax will determine a random draft order once we have confirmed the remaining 10 teams.

So, we won't know the draft order until right before we draft tomorrow?

Blog Entries
    Draft order is now set

Thanks. And, btw, why do I always get a sucky draft position?! <sigh>
    I will never have Evgeni Malkin on any of my fantasy teams, it's not fair! I want Geno!

Quote Originally Posted by Assistant Coach Selly View Post
    Thanks. And, btw, why do I always get a sucky draft position?! <sigh>
    I will never have Evgeni Malkin on any of my fantasy teams, it's not fair! I want Geno!
    The first overall pick is available. You will have to pay to get it tho I am sure!

Quote Originally Posted by Coach Pharling View Post
    The first overall pick is available. You will have to pay to get it tho I am sure!
    Yeah, I am sure that I am not willing to give up what it would take to get it.

Are we going to have actual team names? If so, are there rules for those?

Blog Entries
    Teams will require a name and it is wide open. Name your teams whatever you want

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast