Ian Laperriere officially retires

Thread: Ian Laperriere officially retires

Ian Laperriere officially retires

Philadelphia Flyers forward Ian Laperriere has retired from the NHL, more than two years after playing his last game.
    More right here

Ian Laperriere Retirement Transcript

Q: Philly wasn’t your longest stop in your career, but what does it mean to retire here?

“It was my shortest time here compared to the other teams I played for, but that’s probably one of my regrets, not having a chance to play longer than that in this great organization. I’m just glad I had a chance to wear the orange and black. It’s something I would have missed, just to play for a team that cares so much about their fans and cares so much about their players. I’m not saying that everywhere else I played, they didn’t care about their players, but nothing compared to what the Flyers are.
    Check out the rest right here

It's really too bad that a player like Laperriere can't go out on his own terms. Definitely do not like to see a career end like this.

That being said, professional athletes have to look out for their own health, well-being and family, just like anyone else. Best of luck to Ian in retirement. Hopefully we will see him back in the game in a new capacity. Perhaps something along the lines of what Craig Conroy is doing in Calgary?