"I thought, going into the draft, we had a lot of guys identified in certain areas that we had an opportunity to get," Flyers director of hockey operations Chris Pryor said. "If we had to look from the first pick to the last pick, we had guys in each area that we got that we're extremely happy with."

Here's a glimpse into their picks:

SCOTT LAUGHTON

Round: 1st, 20th overall Position: Center

Age: 18 (May 30, 1994) Height: 6-0, Weight: 177 Birthplace: Oakville, Ontario Team: Oshawa (OHL) Skinny: Gritty, two-way player known for his work ethic and willingness to win puck battles ... Models his game after former Flyers captain Mike Richards and Phoenix' Shane Doan ... Ranked 28th by Central Scouting among North American-trained forwards ... Showed offensive upside with 53 points in 64 games after overcoming a slow start and a coaching change in Oshawa ... Scored the gold medal-winning goal for Canada in the Under-18 World Championships in 2011 ... Racked up seven fights and 101 penalty minutes last season ... Not overly big or fleet of foot, but has plenty of room to continue growing. Holmgren says: "We really liked Scott. I've seen him play a couple times. He kind of reminds me a little of Mike Richards and a little of Adam Henrique. He's just a good, solid, hard-nosed, two-way player. You never say never [about making the jump to the NHL next year]. He's a really, really smart player and very competitive. But I would suspect that he's planning on going back to junior. He'll be at our development, coming in on July 8 and we'll start the process."
Read all about it