Hitch is here for another year

Thread: Hitch is here for another year

Hitch is here for another year

The NHL's coach of the year will be behind the Blues' bench for at least two more seasons.

Ken Hitchcock, 60, has agreed to a one-year contract extension with the club that will take him through the 2013-14 season. There is also a mutual option for the 2014-15 season.

The upcoming season, 2012-13, was the final year of his deal prior to the extension.
    More...

St. Louis Blues Executive Vice President and General Manager Doug Armstrong announced Wednesday the club has signed Head Coach Ken Hitchcock through the 2013-14 season.

The contract also has an option for the 2014-15 season that will be jointly decided on.

"Ken came in and immediately steadied our group and was able to get each one of our players to elevate their game," said Armstrong. "He still has the passion and drive to be a Head Coach in this League and is committed to taking this team to the next level."
    All the rest

Hitchcock's one-year extension best for both sides

..."I just felt that if I don't have the energy at the end of the current term, I don't want to do the job," Hitchcock said. "I don't think it's fair to anybody for me to do it further if I don't have the necessary energy. I'm happy with how it works. I'm sure we'll find a way to make it work providing that all of us think that I have that necessary energy."
    All the rest