Penguins' Development Camp

Thread: Penguins' Development Camp

Penguins' Development Camp

Goalies (3): 2012 draft picks Matt Murray and Sean Maguire will be joined by 22 year old undrafted free agent Ryan Faragher from Saint. Cloud State.

Defensemen (13): Simon Despres headlines the list of high-draft picks and blue-chip prospects including Brian Dumuolin, Joe Morrow (who will play pro this season) as well as junior/college-aged guys like Scott Harrington and Olli Maata. They are joined by diamond-in-the-rough prospect Nick D'Agostino, Alex Velischek, Reid McNeill, Harrison Ruopp, Philip Samuelsson and Clark Seymour. The team has also invited undrafted, 6'8" FA Andrej Sustr from the USHL.

Forwards (18): Former first round pick and now professional player Beau Bennett leads this group that includes Tom Kuhnhackl, Kenny Agostino, Josh Archibald, Teddy Blueger, Brian Gibbons, Matia Marcantuoni, Adam Payerl, Zach Sill, Oskar Sundqvist, Paul Thompson, Dominik Uher, Scott Wilson and Anton Zlobin. They'll be joined by undrafted free agents Antoine Laganiere (Agostino's teammate at Yale), Jayson Megna and Grant Opperman.

More right here

2012 Development Camp (Day 1)

Defenseman Brian Dumoulin is attending his first Penguins development camp after being acquired by Pittsburgh, along with center Brandon Sutter and the eighth-overall pick (Derrick Pouliot), for Jordan Staal.

And the first thing you notice about the reigning two-time Hockey East Best Defensive Defenseman is his size. Towering (6-foot-4, 210 pounds) over the media assembled at his locker, Dumoulin discussed his decision to turn pro after three collegiate seasons with Boston College – two of which ended with an NCAA national title.

“To play in the NHL,” said Dumoulin, whose defensive play has been compared to former Stanley Cup-winning Penguin and BC alum Rob Scuderi. “Obviously that’s my goal. If I work as hard as I can, hopefully good things will happen for me. I just have to put myself in good positions. When the opportunity strikes, I have to take full advantage of it.”

Read on