Reports saying Ducks sign former Kings' prospect

Thread: Reports saying Ducks sign former Kings' prospect

Hybrid View

Reports saying Ducks sign former Kings' prospect

The Ducks have reportedly signed center Corey Elkins to a one-year contract, according to his agent Saturday night.

The club would not confirm the signing but Elkinsí agent, Scott Norton, posted the following on his Twitter account:

Client @CoreyElkins formerly of the @LAKings has agreed to terms on a 1 year deal w crosstown rival @Anaheim_Ducks_! Congrats! ‪#NSMFamily‬

More right here

Well, I would consider the agent a credible source. I mean, it's not like he's the Avalanche or anything..

Quote Originally Posted by Mishey View Post
    Well, I would consider the agent a credible source. I mean, it's not like he's the Avalanche or anything..
    LOL!
    That was the only mention of the signing that I could find. The Ducks haven't officially announced it, but yeah you would think the agent would be credible.

Here we go, confirmation from the Ducks:

The Ducks have signed center Corey Elkins to a one-year contract through the 2012-13 season. Per club policy, no financial terms of the deal were disclosed.

Elkins, 27 (2/23/85), made his NHL debut with the Los Angeles Kings in 2009-10, scoring one goal (1-0=1) in three games. Elkins appeared in his first career NHL game on Dec. 15, 2009 at Edmonton and scored his first NHL goal (Miikka Kiprusoff) on Dec. 17, 2009 at Calgary. The 6-2, 214-pound center played last season in the Czech Republic with Pardubice HC, scoring 6-7=13 points with a +8 rating and 24 penalty minutes (PIM) in 26 games.
    More...

Well, there we go. All set then. Maybe there was just no one there for the weekend.