Lightning Sign RW Teddy Purcell To 3 Year Contract Extension

Thread: Lightning Sign RW Teddy Purcell To 3 Year Contract Extension

Hybrid View

Lightning Sign RW Teddy Purcell To 3 Year Contract Extension

The Tampa Bay Lightning have signed right wing Teddy Purcell to a three-year contract extension, vice president and general manager Steve Yzerman announced today. The contract runs from 2013-14 to 2015-16.

Purcell, 26, skated in 81 games last season with the Lightning, recording 24 goals and 65 points to go along with 16 penalty minutes. He set career highs in goals, assists (41), points, power-play goals (eight), game-winning goals (three) and plus/minus (+9). The 6-foot-2, 201-pound forward ranked first on the Bolts for plus/minus, second for assists, and third for goals and points. Purcell registered a Lightning season-high and career-best, 11-game point streak from February 21 through March 8, tallying seven goals and 11 assists during the stretch. He also represented Canada at the IIHF World Championships, registering a goal and two points in eight games.

http://lightning.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=637593

Awesome! No wonder he's been hanging out here most of the summer so far.

I really like Purcell and I am glad to see that he will be staying with the Lightning.

He's really thrived here, and I'm glad for him.

I wonder how many people remember who the GM that brought him over was. I bet not many..