From the Pittsburgh Penguins Official Site:

Matt Dumba

Position: Defenseman
    Height: 6-foot
    Weight: 183 pounds
    Shoots: Right
    Born: July 25, 1994
Born in: Regina, SK, CAN
    Played the 2011-12 season with: Red Deer Rebels (Western Hockey League)

Dominating the Western Hockey League over the 2011-12 season, Matt Dumba has propelled himself into the discussion as one of the top defensemen in the 2012 NHL Draft. Many scouts consider the Calgary native as the most offensively gifted defenseman in this year’s class, filling the highlight reels with stunning one-timers from the point and displaying slick puck-handling abilities. The hard-hitting blueliner finished second on the Red Deer Rebels in points (20G-37A-57P) and led the team with nine power-play goals. Dumba’s 20 tallies were second most in the WHL for a defenseman and most for a Rebel blueliner since current Toronto Maple Leaf Dion Phaneuf lit the lamp 24 times in 2005. Dumba was given the “C” for Canada as he continued to shine at the 2012 World Under-18 Championships, leading the tournament in assists (7) and points (5G-7A-12P), helping Canada earn the bronze medal.
    More right here

Co-Creator & Webmaster Aaron Brouwer's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Dumba is going to be a STUD!!!!!!! Hands down my favourite player heading into the draft

Quote Originally Posted by Coach Brouwer View Post
    Dumba is going to be a STUD!!!!!!! Hands down my favourite player heading into the draft
    Agreed! I think this kid really has something to offer to any team and is going to be a huge asset to whomever gets him.

The 2012 NHL Draft class is full of big, top quality, two-way defencemen. Red Deer Rebels Mathew Dumba is among that group but has sparked the interest of many teams and scouts and somehow stands apart from the others. His gritty and dynamic two-way style combined with his spirited personality, competitiveness and true passion for the game makes him possibly one of the most unique d-men on the list.

Scouts describe him as an explosive skater with a big shot and a knack for delivering huge open-ice hits with a six-foot, 172-pound body. He has excellent puck handling skills, good lateral movement and quick feet. They say he makes very few mistakes on the ice and can recover quickly from the ones he does.
    Check out the rest

While Dumba is a solid prospect I was really impressed with Griffin Reinhart. He looks very promising.

I actually like Dumba a lot more ... He had 15 goals as a 16 year old defenseman, then followed that up with 20 goals this past year. He also dominated scoring in the WHC17 and WJC18 tournaments, and actually lead Team Canada and the whole tournament in scoring in the latter.

While Reinhart has all the tools to be a good offensive defenseman in the NHL, Dumba looks like he could be special. Dumba might end up being the best defenseman in this year's draft, I feel.
    Last edited by Assistant Coach Ivancic; 06-13-2012 at 04:25.